Latest food obsessions?

OLIVES!!! I buy huge jars of plain ones from Sainsbury's then mix them with chilli oil, or garlic oil - I've also mixed them with just plain virgin olive oil and cayenne pepper - mmm. As a treat I sometimes buy the ready mixed ones - but they work out a bit pricey compared to mixing your own. They are fab! OH likes the ones stuffed with garlic cloves but they scare me a bit, they look like eyeballs in the jar...........:skull:

Rice cakes thanks to Trewsers!! :giggle: I've swapped to them as a low calorie alternative to crisps or bread to dip in my lunchtime soup! Yummers

OLIVES!!! I buy huge jars of plain ones from Sainsbury's then mix them with chilli oil, or garlic oil - I've also mixed them with just plain virgin olive oil and cayenne pepper - mmm. As a treat I sometimes buy the ready mixed ones - but they work out a bit pricey compared to mixing your own. They are fab! OH likes the ones stuffed with garlic cloves but they scare me a bit, they look like eyeballs in the jar...........:skull:

I think olives are an acquired taste..I find them a little salty but do make an effort to continue trying them :)

I think olives are an acquired taste..I find them a little salty but do make an effort to continue trying them :)

I acquired the taste a long time ago ... I like them stuffed with anchovies or garlic or just plain with the stones in. I also like tapenade, which is olive paste, on ryvita. But Skib has just told me olives are highly calorific :(

Tesco's owm make peanut butter and caramel 'cornetto'. Discovered them last week, and at 250 calories a pop I really wish I hadn't. They are soooooo scrummy.

Flying saucers!! I picked up some in asda the other week on the kids 3 for £1 deal and have had a couple of bags since... Although it is a bit like buying a bag of air...

Also like olives stuffed with garlic, I get them from lidl Trewsers and they are ok.

I love philly on toast ( thick granuary) with some local organic tomatos and onion on top.. nom nom nom !

Last edited:
newrider.com