Last Ride On Jess.......(pics)

Flony_Pony

Apr 20, 2007
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Last day before i turn Jess away, we did our endurance ride (10 miles) today and i must say she was a gem! We went out with Flo (and her sharer) and Jess was better behaved than Flo was (he he)

When we trotted up for the vet Flo's respiration was 40 bpm and Jess was 44bpm, when We got back both of them were 44bpm.....so they did well on recovery rate!! We came Second (my 2 girls and 2 other mares) out of lots......placed to 4th and lots of ppl without rosettes. Any way, I am happy we got 2 rosettes each - one for compleing the ride and out 2nd place team, and i rode a very well behaved Jess pony, so i am very pleased to leave it on a happy note! Here are some pics....

Trotting up for the vet:
PonyClub005.jpg

Jess at the trailer:
PonyClub011.jpg

On The Ride:
PonyClub085.jpg

PonyClub101.jpg

Meeting another team.....(we got lost :( so had lots of time to catch up on)
PonyClub206.jpg

And Riding Back From The Finishing Line:
PonyClub235.jpg

Oh goodness, never good to see pics of yourself is it :eek:! Was such a fun day, Flo was so excited by the whole thing, at her age you'd think she'd know better. Says something when she is worse behaved than Jess!

I was carted around the bridleways with very little control at some points - all because there were horses in the distance :rolleyes:, we were meant to be helping Alice & Jess, no chance! - I really ache tonight. I loved every second though :D:D

No chance of being nervous when you are cantering fast down bridleways you've never seen before :eek:

Hope your knee is ok Alice! Flo kicked her :eek:

Cause she is a pain in the bum, she napps, rears, throws her head around. And she has never been tunred away so i came to the conclusion that it may help her grow up! Seems strange not riding her any more, but she is so cute so hopefully will really enjoy the break from each other!

Knee is ok, foot shape bruise, and my back really hurts but ill survive!!!

How old is she if you don't mind me asking?

Assuming she's relatively young still I think it might do you both some good. I don't think my wee lad was ever really turned away and to be honest we were hitting a brick wall, which involved napping, spinning and generally being a goon. He had suspected ringworm and was quarentened for a while and then lost a shoe so we had about 5/6 weeks where we didn't ride but since then things seem to have picked up a lot.

I think his mind probably was a bit full, but more than anything I think MY way of treating him has changed. I think I was getting a bit inpatient, wanting to see improvements and then blaming myself and getting frustrated when it didn't. We're now enjoying oursleves again. I'm riding him with a very soft 'baby' contact and trusting him to learn to carry the pair of us, rather than trying to hold him together and then have a battle over trying to get him to go forwards. He has found this new enthusiasm and turn of speed and I've decided that we'll work on his topline on the lunge over winter without me getting in the way.

ETA she's very pretty, whats her breeding

She was 5 in June, and i think we have both reached breaking point where - i almost sold her!!!! :eek: So im hoping it will help, want to do Parelli ground work with her after xmas!

Thanks she is my little stunner, i love her to pieces, she is a New Forest X Cob - think its the cob in her as Flo is a NF too and shes a Gem!!!

I wouldn't be so sure its the cob, my little monster is a NF, also 5 in June, so looks like we're in similar boats. We only have facilities for hacking though, which is a bit of a bummer, so trying to find small gaps around the yard to lunge when we can.

Good luck with it.

Looks like you had a fantastic last day on her. What a sensible idea to turn her away for a few months. Lets hope it benefits both of you and you can come back together with renewed enthusiasm.

newrider.com