Last ever lesson tomorrow, goodbye and thanks Ivesley EC

pepsimaxrock

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
everything in the title, really.

Our RS, where my daughter and I have been riding for 7 1/2 years, is closing tomorrow.

I have a lesson at 8.30am on Max. I hope we will jump, it is a private lesson so its likely that we will jump, if I ask to.

Caitriona is in Australia on an extended holiday so she had her last lesson there 2 weeks ago before she went, and said her goodbyes to Streaky then.

That RS has seen us through so much. We went there as useless riders, from a pretty dreadful school. At Ivesley we got matched up with a few horses and rode 2 or 3 of them pretty regularly; and got the opportunity to do a few competitions. Until last year it was a BE venue so we got roped in to "volunteering" - I have fence judged Matthew Wright, Ian Stark, Karen Dixon and other luminaries. We hired Ivesley horses to do unaffiliated ODE's - how else was a horseless working class mum and daughter from inner city Gateshead to find out that one day eventing is our favourite sport?

And internal competitions - dressage, show jumping and combined training. Sunday afternoons and long summer evenings of fun and great company.

And fantastic instruction - all the helpers were put through their "stages" - at the YO expense and under the tutelage of the chief instructor, really learned their craft. The excellent cheif instructor, J. can spot EXACTLY what you are doing and how you can change it to make the horse go better - I have improved so much under her attention.

I am one of the lucky ones, I am remaining there on livery asI am buying Max. But for the moment, and I speak for more than me and Cait, goodbye Ivesley EC, and thanks for the memories.

Anne x
(sorry for the length of this eulogy!!!! I can cry now)

Oh how sad.

But how wonderful that you're buying your lesson horse. That's just brilliant. Maybe the place will have a whole new lease of life as a livery yard now.

Enjoy your new horse!!!

It sounds a wonderful place - such a shame it had to close. Too many good riding schools are closing, it's very sad. Still, you're starting a whole new chapter in your riding life with Max ... That's exciting ... a good time to start a blog?

Gosh, what a fantastic RS?! It sounds amazing! How sad it's closing, I'm not surprised you are going to miss it.

I do remember your posts about your RS I think and you were wondering whether to buy Max? Have I got that right? Tell us about Max and can we have piccies please? :D

Thanks everyone. I rode Max today for the last time as a RS pony. Tomorrow he will be mind. J was giving me lots of "homework"

Cant get any more pics on - they are all too big so are "invalid" apart from those I have put on other threads, so they are also invalid for some reason.

But thanks for allyour support
xxx

newrider.com