Large foal rugs

iklejen

Mar 2, 2007
Dose anybody know where I might get a 5'6'' foal rug (turnout), I have scoured the internet and all my local tack shops. The largest foal rug I can find is 5'0'', I have tried a few pony rugs and they all sit too low on the shoulders and hang around her knees. She is a bit of a monster size 5'6'' would fit her now I may need bigger by the end of the winter.

Help please

Biggest in foalie rugs is 5'. Get a Saxon turnout - they are quite short and are small enough in the neck to suit a narrow baby.

The WB freestyles are OK if you get a high neck version and go a size down, although they do tend to be a bit deep for a weanling - Belle wore hers as a yearling.

Had exactly the same problem with my filly, the amigo lightweight TO fitted her very well on the shoulders. She isn't rugged much, except in prolonged wet weather so don't know much about heavier rugs. The Bucas power cooler was a great fit too and handy for drying her off as the fabric stays dry.

I've just got an icon pony rug 4'9 for my foal. they have really good front fasteners which are fully adjustable so they fasten very snugly, a 5'6 one might be worth a go.

cheers for your help guys, a friend has put me in touch with a lady who had large foals last year, they are now big yearlings and she is passing on her rugs to me.

Thanks forall your help.

newrider.com