Ladies: Are you getting the support you need?

Torny

Horsin' Around
Good Morning Ladies,

As you know, it's important to get the right support from our Bra's when riding, increasing news from the TV and research shows that not enough woman are!

There is a poll on the go to research how many of you lasses wear sports bra's when riding, with a release of the results, along with an article and bra's tests in January 2008. ;)

You can fill in you vote at: www.funridesuk.co.uk

Thank you for you help!

sports bra...i need binding to keep mine down lol I'm a 40EE and I have to wear a normal bra AND sports bra to have any kind of control over the beasts!!! lol i have weekly black eyes from trotting lol

Hahahaha!!!

I bought a proper equestrian bra and it still doesnt help and I am ony a 38 D!!!!

I just weat a normal non underwire under a sprts bra and that sorts me just now!!

Hope I dont get to the proportions some peeps get to!!!

I wouldnt like to carry them never mind ride with them!!

Nikki xxxxx

As a 36F I am so happy my arab has a smooth trot!

i feel for you. i get really bad back ache with mine!!!
i tried to measure them once lol put scales on side and chucked them on top...one side was roughly 8lbs!!! :eek: i'll blame my weight gain on my boobs :D lol

For the size of Star she was the smallest strides trotting. She'll do 3 strides in the time my friends horse does one!!! When hacking unless we're having a slow trot I just do sitting trot!!! So much easier then trying to rise as soon as I sit down

I don't wear a sports bra, hate them and not exactly loads there to keep under control! Once went shopping for one when I was kickboxing a lot and nasty old bint in the bra shop studied 'them' for a few seconds and said something along the lines of "I don't think we have any that small dear" :eek: Cheeky bint! They aren't that small! :p

i agree with angeleyezhoney, i am a 42 FF :eek: and my back kills me, all the time, i think they are a curse lol, black eyes are my speciality to, :eek:i have bind mine before a jumping competion to, i dont think they would make a sports bra my size tbh lol:eek::eek:

I feel soooo sorry for you lot!I couldn't imagine how painful it must be to do sitting trot for you!
I am only a 34BB so I only have to wear a normal bra!
My auntie is a 38E and sometimes used to ride Katey and in the summer when she would ride in a strappy top,one time her boobs came right out the top whilst she was trotting!I was ROFL!!

I'm a 32FF and just strap myself into a normal bra from Bravissimo and then (whilst literally poking the monsters back in) hold the bopdy protector shut and get someone else to do the zip up- I can barely breathe, there's no chance they're going anywhere!! :rolleyes::D

I was told you know when you are doing a sitting trot right if your boobs bounce about uncontrollably, I don't have a huge problem but I've strill been thinking of getting a sports bra, I tend not to sit up straight when riding and I think better support might help me be more confident to open up my shoulders and sit more upright.

recently discovered my absolute fave bra....Enell from LessBounce.com Best ever and most comfy and i'm 32G!!

ETA: just voted and realised the poll is sponsored by lessbounce!! i don't have shares in it honest !!

Last edited:
hahahaha i feel 4 yoo guys! im a 34DD but i dont bother strapping mine down unless im doin cross country. usually i just make sure my top isnt to low cut!

I don't need to worry;
Mine are like two asprins on an ironing board lol:D

I always wear a sports bra - in my real life too - my norks are too big for "normal" lacy fancy underwired jobbies! I like my comfort too.......

newrider.com