Ladies and gentlemen, we have........

Frances sat on the walkie-talkie at 3.30 and had me out of bed like a wet ferret up a drainpipe.....to find her sitting in a deck chair with nothing happening

This is all that is happening.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 32
Well one is lying down. They usually seem to have them in the small hours, maybe tomorrow? Are you sure of the dates? How long where they with the stallion?

We know when we put them out with the stallion. That is in the diary but who knows when they did the deed. You rarely see it and Cookie Monster made it is his life's mission to get in the way so tbh, I very surprised anyone is pregnant!

Soz I haven't read the diary, I will do it:smile: If stallion ran out with them it gives a wider time scale. I was just thinking whether you might now exact dates which I guess you don't if stallion ran with them, so you may have a wait yet. They will pop out when your back is turned for sure

There is no option for Vitamin to have her foal when our back is turned,That is the whole reason we are checking her every 20 minutes day and night. Once she has had hers the rest will get 2 hourly checks at night as normal.

The minute she started to bag up we were on 24/7 watch. I have seen them foal and then bag up afterwards, it's not a risk we are willing to take. Diary plus outward signs = foalwatch until she has had it.

Tell them she has lost foals before (still haven't read you diaries sorry) They will give free sound advice if they are anything like ours. I was worried too about Vit., but didn't want to poke me nose in. Best Wishes I hope it all works out keep us posted. I only have instincts, (which do not fail me) no real knowledge so didn't feel qualified to say. That is why I asked about stallion. If they are covered in confinment, ai etc you know when foal is due, if stallion runs out with herd its all over the place. Very stressful time for you. Keep calm and ring vet

This is a perfectly healthy mare, in foal. She does not need the vet.

They are aware that she lost her last foal, they did the PM on it and took all the samples for the lab.

THe vet has given us all the drugs we might need should they foal be slow getting going.

She is in no way overdue or showing any signs of having problems. I don't see what the vet's imput would achieve.

You do realise it's not her or our first foaling?

newrider.com