L2 and L3 - anyone done them?

Hello, just wondering how many people out there have done L2 upwards in any of the systems - ANH, PNH, QNH etc. Just curious :) I've met a fair few people online who've done groundwork, games etc, but have many people progressed through the ridden NH stuff? I was at a NH show in New Zealand a few years ago so it was great to see the Parelli & ANH level 1 to 3 and 4 people all mixing together, sharing knowledge and having fun. Just wondering if there was an online equivilant!

Last edited:
i would have passed level one PNH, if i didnt have to do the trailer loading!!!:mad: so never did, i was doing most level two ground stuff, coz my friend was at that level. i then started clicker training to get over the loading issues and never went back to parelli after that, as it was costly and i got quicker more enthusiastic responses as a result, and my mare seemed to enjoy it more!!!:D i still use the knowledge and some techniques i gained from parelli, but use them with clicker!!!!:p

I've officially passed the old PNH Partnership L1 and all the Online & Liberty tasks of Harmony L2.

I didn't complete all of the L2 ridden tasks because:

a) I was to much of a wimp to do the gallop task. :eek:

b) My horse who was going through the levels with me detests a bit in his mouth!!

I remain a wimp, my horse still hates a bit in his mouth.... but we've still had loads of fun together unofficially completing the groundwork tasks of the old Refinement L3 programme. :)

Oh, you're bringing back some memories india! With a mixture of horses I never managed to get all of L2 ridden work done. The horse I first embarked on L2 with was so scarey that I only rode him about 10 times in 10 months! But his liberty was to die for, he could do all that stuff you see like running round an arena doing obstacles, loading in a trailer etc. He did all the L2 on-line as well I think... what level do you get lead changes on-line? He did those, he was quite a horse really, but liberty was his forte. Then my cob was pretty good, and he would do "7 games" loose in the middle of a field. With both of these horses I think I dabbled in L3 groundwork, but I'm hazy about the tasks now. The cob was good to ride without tack, he could steer anywhere in an arena at walk and trot, although we got a bit yee ha! at the canter. :eek: They were both special horses. Then my really special Arab had all of L2 groundwork sorted before she was backed...
All a great adventure innit?

newrider.com