K's still lame :-(

Laura_107

Oct 15, 2010
Edinburgh
Vet came out this morning to check if the steroids and new shoes had worked. Nope.

I'm gutted.

Next steps are to wait another couple of weeks & check again. If he's still lame then he goes in for an MRI.

Boo hiss. Don't really know what to say, just hope that you find out what's going on soon. So sorry for you - lameness is rubbish.

Horrible isn't it, does the vet have any idea at all what's causing it? Hope he makes a good recovery and you don't have to go the MRI route but even if you do at least it should give you some answers. ((Hugs))

We thought it was arthritis in the coffin joints and navicular in the right fore. It could still be that, it might just be that he needs different shoes or the steroids haven't worked yet (I don't know how long they take to kick in). MRI will show us more of the OA and navicular and will also show us if there is any soft tissue damage.

I so don't want to retire him at 14 :-( that's the way my mind is going just now.

The not knowing and worrying is awful, even more so I imagine when you're making such a huge move north aswell, I really feel for you Laura and I so hope Kevin is ok. I'm sure you've already investigated but everyone always suggests rockley farm with regards to lameness, or maybe have a look on the Phoenix forum if that's what it's still called. I asked about lameness on there when I had issues and I'm sure it was nic from rockley who confirmed my thoughts.
If you want to vent just drop me a pm, and have hope, remember me having to take blondie to the dick vet, I was a total mess, I really started to understand what mothers must feel like when their children are in hospital, and we came good. Yes it may mean an adjustment in your expectations but it's generally never so black and white as we worry it could be. Big hugs x

newrider.com