Knee Boots

Aug 21, 2012
My poor little mare stumbled and badly grazed both knees, fortunately no serious damage done. Have decided to use knee boots as protection until I am sure this was just a 'one off'. Would be grateful for views on best type to buy?

Bless her, hope she is OK.

Mine is a stumbler, sometimes more than others, but fingers crossed we are improving.

When he was doing big stumbles and I thought about knee boots YO said to get skeleton boots, apparantly they are easier than other types.

But apart from that, can't give you direct experience of makes etc.

I did however quite fancy the Professionals Choice knee boots. I do rate Prof Choice.

I've got westropp knee and brushing boots, although selling them as they are too big on my youngster.
Worked well on my other horse though :)

Jeffries knee boots are the best but come at a price. My old mare had the leather backed knee boots she wore for the entirity of our ownership of her, some 15 years. My cob has the rugging backed jeffries knee boots. I mych prefer leather ones. Have had bad experiences with neoprene boots which just slip and fall off. The Jeffires ones never budge no matter what i've done out hacking.

Many thanks for all your advice, I have ordered Jeffries leather boots - as seem to be highly recommended. Yes they are expensive at over £80, but I'm thinking of it as £40 per leg so doesn't seem quite so bad!! Really hoping its been a one off and she doesn't stumble again.

newrider.com