Knee Boots

Do you use kneeboots when hacking out?

• No, never.

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Yes, always - hard leather (Like Jeffries)

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Yes, sometimes - hard leather

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Yes, always - soft leather (Like Claredon)

• Yes, sometimes - soft leather

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, always - neoprene (like Weatherbeeta ProTec)

• Yes, sometimes - neoprene

• Yes, always - all-in-one Westropp brushing/knee boots

• Yes, sometimes - all-in-one Westropp brushing/knee boots

• Yes, always/sometimes - other type of boot (please describe)

• Total voters

Daffy Dilly

Dec 5, 2004
Visit site
I wanted to post this in Tack & Saddlery, but for some reason it won't let me do a poll in there, so it'll have to go here. :p

Do you use knee boots? If so, what sort?

Every horse owner has one or more things they're a bit obsessive over - knee boots when hacking are now one of mine.

We have two pairs of the Jeffries knee boots, as I need a spare pair when the other are in for repair. I had some cheaper ones in a similar style as the original spares, but they were rubbish, so I had to fork out. I was lucky to get my first pair through a NR member!

I had to put sometimes use leather, although my ideal answer would be - always.

I always use Jefferies leather knee boots on Connie. But I cannot get any knee boots to stay on Monty. They always fall down.
I have tried: Westrop Knee Boots, Clarendon Knee Boots, Westropp all in one knee and brushing boots. But none of them will stay on.

Any suggestions for knee boots for a part shire who has typical pick up and put down shire type of movement?

I have Jeffries leather ones with suede backing. I don't use them most of the time because roxy has good grip but if there's any chance of hitting a patch of ice (when its generally ok to ride but there might be the occasional patch not thawed) she wears them. She used to always wear them when she was shod because the roads were quite slippery for shod horses.

newrider.com