Kitten driving me nuts!

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I acquired a kitten 3 weeks ago, shes about 8/9 weeks now I'd guess, she's cute and all but is driving me crazy. She's so hyper, she seems to think I am her personal climbing frame, I stood on her yesterday because she insists on attacking my feet when I walk round the house, and if I'm sat down she climbs, claws and bites if she doesn't get attention. She's also starting clawing on the furniture. My old kitten never did all this I'm sure.
Poor Dillon dog is also getting picked on, she pounces on him and bites him when he is just trying to sleep, I'm quite worried my ex ratting JRT is going to loose his patience pretty soon and I honestly couldn't blame him!
So what can I do to amuse her and stop her driving us all crazy?

I have no idea! Sorry, but I'll bet she's funny to watch. Years ago my nan had a kitten and I'll never forget how it used to run up and down the curtains - plus up and down your legs......:D

BOXES !!! kittens love boxes!! get a load from the supermarket tape them up and cut some holes in them! will keep the monster entertained somewhat !!!

Reactions: Jessey and blazer
Easy answer - get another kitten! I used to almost always get two at once when I had cats. Made for an easy life as they tired each other out playing and left the older moggies and the dogs alone.;)

Reactions: Bodshi
I'm rather glad that Barny is a grown-up cat. I don't think I could face the antics of a kitten. She has a mad five minutes up and down the stairs of an evening and sharpens her claws on the risers but other than that she's either asleep or purring as we stroke her. Yesterday was the first time I enticed her to play - and it is a month since she arrived. I like adults cats!!!

He's 14 now, he certainly wasn't always chilled, most referred to him as neurotic :rolleyes: He is very good with her but I used to rat and rabbit with him, his fuse can only be so long and if it snaps unfortunately she doesn't stand much of a chance.

newrider.com