Keratex Mud Shield Powder

binky

Feb 6, 2002
Visit site
I saw this in the feed merchants and thought it sounded like a good alternative to ointments. Has anyone used this - and is it any good for treating an existing case of mud fever - or is it just preventative?

Ta!

Hi Binky,

I thought the same as you, I saw Keratex advertised and as it is powder I thought it might be easier to apply. Jasper has got a touch of mud fever and as he has a lot of feather I decided to go and buy some on Sunday. It is actually quite hard to apply and the powder was puffing out everywhere which then spooked Jasper as he could see it out of the corner of his eye (he is not normally easily spooked). I am also using Gold Label Mud Guard which is a liquid and that doesn't seem to go on too badly and its also cheaper by about £5.00.

I'll let you know how I get on with it, Good Luck with your battle against mud fever.

Lisa.

:)

i was using it, and it is good, but it is hard to apply and i ended up with more on the floor than on the feet! i have been using petroleum jelly all this winter and not a touch of mud fever yet! (fingers crossed) i just apply it each day before he goes out.

We tried this since it sounded good, but it's very wasteful. I found it easier to put on my hand first and then rub in, but lots still goes on the floor.

We were using it on Charlie who also decided that he didn't like the puffing effect.

I'm not sure about its efficacy, but I wouldn't buy it again at that price.

newrider.com