Keeping my fingers crossed...

diamonddogs

Apr 14, 2008
Badiddlyboing, Odawidaho
I've been wanting another dog since we lost our beautiful Saluki Wesley last spring, but OH has flatly refused whenever I've mentioned getting one.

However, we were watching that dog programme last night, and with no prompting whatsoever, he said "I'd have a whippet. They've got lovely faces, and a lovely fine coat that wouldn't smell, and no long fur to have to keep clean. So and so has one, and she's lovely."

So I said, "Does this mean....?" and he replied "Not yet".

I'm trying not to get too excited, and he might actually mean "After I'm dead", but you never know!

I was doing some research last night, and every article I read mentioned they're really difficult to keep off sofas and beds!

Sounds promising !! I love whippets! Such characters and so boingy !

Good luck !!

I've had two whippets in the past and all I can say about them is.....THEY ARE WONDERFUL!!!!

They are beautiful, affectionate, up for a full day's exercise if you want OR happy with a 20 minute zoom around the field and then flat out asleep for the rest of the day, wonderfully heat-radiating when you cuddle them (and they love being cuddled!) and....well, just a really lovely breed! They DO love their home comforts tho' and will commandeer the best seat on the sofa OR the bed :wink: But hey, they're just a lovely dog to have that this teensy weensy 'niggle' is nothing! I used to have Tina & Diva on the beach and to see them galloping was just poetry in motion...they truly fly! Then a quick wipe of a towel and they're clean again :bounce: My hubby is a touch tight-chested around longer-coated dogs like Labradors or spaniels but the whippets didn't affect him at all.....and he used to snuggle up on the bed with them LOL

I cannot recommend the breed enough.....just go out an get one pet....if OH whinges then tell him to pack his bags :tongue: Tho' if he's anything like Neil he will be smitten before the first week is out!

I guess if I were you I would be scouring whippet rescue sites ready to present a what do you think of this one conversation.....

newrider.com