Kali - a proper introduction

Nimbus65

Aug 15, 2005
Apparently he had a great night. YO's husband checked on them all last thing and he was tucked into his haylage and thoroughly chilled . . . no calling, no box walking. Result.

He has made friends with a lovely Connemara/Arab x (also a grey) called Finnegan in the next box. When Finn's owner took him out of his box to play in the outdoor school Kal called and called for him and watched him in the school. Very cute.

We went up late morning to give the roads more of a chance to thaw. Stupid car got stuck right at the entrance to the yard (there's a slight hill) but we got it sorted. Kal was happy to see us . . . chilled. The grooms had already skipped him out - although I'd have been glad to do it. We put his new headcollar on him and took him out to the smaller of the two outdoor schools to turn him out. He started out pretty chilled - rolled and rolled and rolled - but then he really had a proper hooley - bucking, farting, cantering. OMG he has a lovely floatey trot . . . what did I buy?! He was starting to snort and blow so I went in with him to calm down a little - he followed me around the school, bless him. Let him have a bit more fun and then clipped his leadrope on and led him back to his box. Very look-y and on his toes, but still obedient and well-mannered. Sweet boy :)

Em and I gave him a good groom, fed him a packet of soft mints, and then put his poly back on. We hung out for about an hour in his box . . . talking to him, scratching him, just being with him. Met some of the other liveries - everyone seems really friendly. YO reckons if the weather continues to improve, they'll be back out by the end of the week - I hope he ends up being turned out with Finn.

It was hard to leave him . . . but he's in good hands and I'll stop by tomorrow on my way home from work :D

Here are the pics of the him in the outdoor school. I was too busy watching him to get any pics of him truly having a hooley . . . but I got some of him rolling/mooching about.

http://picasaweb.google.com/NaomiHi65/Kali1stRoll?feat=directlink

N

What a beautiful boy. It is so exciting getting your first horse. When I got Cossie I kept him at the stables up the road from me and if I walked right to the top of our garden I could see him in his paddock. I remember getting up at 5am the day after I had officially bought him, walking up to the top of the garden and just staring at him for ages and felt completely overwhelmed that I had my own horse after 35 years of longing :)

He is lovlely. Great photos.

That's great that he has settled in OK. It makes it so much easier for you to relax when you know your horse is chilled out and happy :)

What a beautiful boy ... and he's YOURS :D
And Cider , how I remember that feeling when I bought Bill - a dream realised after 50 years , welcome to the happy club Nimbus65 !

newrider.com