Kaiser leg update with some pics

skewbald-mad

Sep 20, 2007
fife, scotland
Well! Its been so hot today, took me half an hour to get the little monkey to stand up:rolleyes: kept pulling his front legs out (only way to get him up) then he just flopped over and rolled onto his side!

Have to say his leg is now getting there, this is it on the 26th may:

CIMG0343.jpg

and this is it today:

CIMG0351.jpg

CIMG0350.jpg

CIMG0352.jpg

you can just see on the last one from today the lump at the top, that was the big section that wasnt attached, but which took back on after all the bandaging. Vet thinks it will go down as its not proud flesh, just hopefully healing underneath. Much better tho?? Just that dark bit at the top to heal over and then hopefully we can start working on getting hair regrowth onto it.

Even gave the little monkey a wee bath today, well sort of - i had a bucket of water and a hand and got him a bit wet just to see, he didnt seem to mind, not so keen on legs but its fine!

anyway, heres another one of him from today to say well done for looking at the not so nice piccies:)

CIMG0355.jpg

I can't believe how big he is :eek:

Leg is looking loads better - are you having to put anything on it to keep the flies off?

Also will it leave proud flesh or is vet hopeful it'll heal over?

Sorry for the questions - just interested :eek:

He looks great :)

I can't believe how big he is :eek:

Leg is looking loads better - are you having to put anything on it to keep the flies off?

Also will it leave proud flesh or is vet hopeful it'll heal over?

Sorry for the questions - just interested :eek:

He looks great :)

i cant believe how big he is either:eek:

still using manuka honey on it, keeps all flies etc out. Theres no proud flesh on it at all, we did have some to start with but was using a cream (cant remember what it was) that the vet gave me which got rid of it but left healthy tissue, and so far there is no more. Vet hopeful since it was always a nice clean wound (appart from a few infections) that it should all heal with minimal scarring but as i keep saying id rather a scar than a useless leg

what a difference his wee leg, and he has grown some, hes a lovely young boy, :D it really is healing well

aww looks like its doing well
i went to work 2 day and this stallion donkey had got in witht his shetland gelding..well the stallion had been used in the past for producing mules so he chased and mouted the poor chap..well he jumped a fance and caught his leg..well your horses wound looks identical to this lil shetlands wound but the shetlands is smaller...but glad yours is getting better..hes gorgous by the way
xxxzoenoodlesollyxxx:D

aww looks like its doing well
i went to work 2 day and this stallion donkey had got in witht his shetland gelding..well the stallion had been used in the past for producing mules so he chased and mouted the poor chap..well he jumped a fance and caught his leg..well your horses wound looks identical to this lil shetlands wound but the shetlands is smaller...but glad yours is getting better..hes gorgous by the way
xxxzoenoodlesollyxxx:D

thanks, i wish he had done it jumping a fence, a bit more of a normal way to get an injury, never mind, im just glad its healing, all be it very slowly!

He is growing up so fast !! Would have loved to have seen vol from foal upwards!

So glad his leg is healing so well for you !

This is spooky, I was just about to PM you and ask for an update (laptop died and I've lost all the blog addresses:().

Its healing up so well. What a difference in just a couple of weeks. He is just a doll:).

It's looking a million miles better!:)

Kaiser is looking so grown up now!!!:eek:

oh thats looking so much better!

look at his mane though - did you blow dry it:eek::D

was it fuciderm that the vet gave you for proud flesh?

What an improvement:)

Liking his halter!! where did you get it from? Calli has a parelli type halter, but it's black and i want a colourful one:D

He has taken a massive growth spurt. Looking as cute as ever.

Well done with his leg. It looks to be healing so well.

Reply ,

He's a little stunner mind .. :) what caused this wound ?

Is he better ? hope soo . How old is he ?:confused:

newrider.com