Just saw my first "ROBIN" of the year!!

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
Gosh I hope its not a "stupid" one!!:rolleyes:
Robins eat worms so I hope he can find food.

They are a sign spring is really going to be here!!:D:D:D:D:D

I only just saw the one running along the top of a fence when I was looking out the window
at the ugh "SNOW "coming down:(.

At this point I don't even want 1-3" I don't want any more!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Sonny also found a spot to get all muddy YESTERDAY so that's a good sign too!!
I will gladly take MUD SEASON!!!

EVEN WITH THE SNOW COMING DOWN THIS HAS REALLY MADE MY DAY!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Aw, I love a cheeky robin!
I'll be glad to see the first swallow - can't be far off. Though today we have 55mph gusts, which I am sure would blow them off course! I've tied the stable doors back with lead ropes and baler twine, it's horribly blustery.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
It was too funny I walked past window - saw same section of fence and a SQUIRREL was running up it.!
I do know it was a robin though I saw the red breast!.;)

It is the fence right near a compost pile so today we will have to see if we can dig into it and stir up some worms for her to eat~
Then she can Invite friends :D

I have not seen Swallows here they must be nice to see:D.

That is a nasty wind ugh:mad: Hope it does not last long.

The snow is big big flakes but and its dead calm out so its sort of pretty-- If it does not stick!:rolleyes:

Reactions: Trewsers
Think I would swap the wind today for some calm snow:D
The girls dislike it, they are fed up already and its to last three days!:eek:

That is a long time for heavy winds like that. I am sure they are fed up.
The snow here did not really stick to the roads etc til after dark and I heard a plow/sander last nite so
I knew it was sticking to the roads but at least here it does not look like a huge amount but at this point ANY
is a step back I DON'T WANT!!:mad:
I did dig into one compost pile and omg what beautiful stuff!! I did not come upon any worms but it was really crappy out yesterday.
I am sure the robin will know better when they pop up than me.

Now lol 2 species cant be wrong ( I hope) I saw 2 canada geese flying north yesterday too.:D:D:D.

Wind has died off a bit, they are thankful I'm sure. Though Storm looked tired this morning, and I suspect she spent most of the night awake and very alert - she's the boss between her and Chloe, so I think she probably took her job seriously last night and felt it her duty to watch over them!

I saw some Canada geese leaving here last week too!
I met some tame ones when I visited Toronto islands a few years ago. They were used to tourists and stood right next to us. They are big!

I have seen robins around for months. Saw a wasp the other day.

We are on amber alert for 65mph, its doing its best out there. The large industrial wheelie bin blew over twice.

Glad the wind died down! Poor storm she must be tired today!
Yes those geese are big and OMG don't get near their babies!

When I was a kid there was a path we rode down near the pony farm where my first pony was kept. It was not really narrow but had big rocks on each side so you really could not go off it Some of us kids rode down it but on way back there was a Mother goose and babies on the edge of it -- being stupid kids we thought no big deal we can just ride past her( and there really was no other option to get home anyway)
OMG she flew after us nipping at the ponies tails and we were galloping as fast as we could:eek::eek::eek:.
She followed us for quite a good distance- lunging and snapping at us ==no one was bitten - no one (surprisingly ) fell off.
WE did learn that day YOU DON'T MESS WITH MOTHER GOOSE!.
It was a great trail too :( but we steered clear of it til mom and babies got bigger and moved on to someplace else.

We've had bumble bees, wood pigs, spring tails, silverfish, wiggies, spiders, millipedes and the first slugs!lol
Ah ha, wood pigs, would they be hedge pigs Trewsers? And what on earth are spring tails and wiggies??? lol
We have resident Robins here, see them all year round but have yet to find a nest. I love swallows right up until the chicks start pooing all over Belle when she's in her stable. lol Don't think they nest in the stables at this yard though, which is kind of a shame.

Wiggies - earwigs:D
Springtails look like grey question marks!lol not really sure what they are? All I know is stuff happens to hatch out here......:D
Yes I'm the same with the swallows - I donate my end stable to them as it is empty in the hope they won't try building in Chloe's house. They do make a mess! But they are such noisy jolly birds aren't they?

newrider.com