Just an update on Ted and Freer. Think its the end now for my poor boy..

These are difficult times financially for a lot of people (even with healthy horses) and I know it's difficult but I think you're doing the right thing - you've tried to help him so much in the last year and you can only do so much. At least you'll be able to take comfort in that, and that you made a difference to his life x

So sorry to hear this sad tale, only just seen your other post. Poor Ted. I don't know what to say but just thought I would send some good wishes.

So sorry you've had to make that decision :(

Leyland crematorium is probably the closest to you and I can highly recommend them. They took my horse last year, made it all really easy to arrange in terms of time etc and they made sure they were there at the same time as my vet. He was pts Friday, cremated Monday or Tuesday and I had a phone call on the Thursday I think it was to say I could collect his ashes. Really professional service throughout the whole process.

Big hugs to you all. A horrible situation for you, and I can't imagine how I would cope.

I have had 2 ponies pts (both times by the vet - one was buried on the farm as we had a JCB here anyway, the other was collected for disposal the next morning - all very sympathetically handled. Both times by injection - they were elderly rescue ponies - quick and peaceful, other ponies in attendance).

I wanted to be myself, but you may prefer to have a friend or family member with you. It took a few days before I could speak to anyone apart from hubby, but now I can smile and remember all the good times.

It is definitely the bravest thing we can do for our beloved animals - the pain is over.

Ali xx

So terribly sorry for you. I had to make this decision too, and yes, part of it was based on finance (£8000 is hard to get) but quality of life is the most important, as Bigmare mentioned. You know your lad best and therefore you have to do what is best for him.

Big hugs, hun, I promise it gets better in time.

newrider.com