Jumping Saddles... Whitaker... pessoa... etc

Nookster

Oct 21, 2002
Would like recommendations on jumping saddles please

what do you have?

Good points?

Bad points?

Il be the first to reply and say I love my stubben!!! Well at least its nearly mine!!! hehe :D

Its comfy and my 1st saddle and will hopefully bring me luck!!!

Are you thinkng of buying a new saddle???

Last edited:
yep this will be a new purchase I have a VSD wintec at the moment and a Wintec Dressage. Also have a showing saddle but nothing that will really suit jumping so would like to invest in a good quality jumping saddle.:)

Looking to move away from wintecs as my girthing straps are always cracking :rolleyes:

Would like a leather saddle - it will be black leather just need to find a make :)

I have a stubben siegfried for Sylvester - it is brilliant but I just wish the seat wasn't so hard!

I have a stubben parzival for Rio - again very good saddle but the knee rolls & thigh blocks are not as good as the siegfried but the seat is comfier :p

I love my Jaguar (Harry Dabbs) close contact saddle. It has a flat seat and shorter forward cut flaps, but still gives a deep secure feel in the seat somehow and the leather is soft but grippy. I have also liked the Pessoa and Prestige line of jumping saddles that have lovely leather.

I'm watching this because I'm thinking of buying a jumping saddle because my GP is quite straight cut and she's coming along so well.

The Ideal Grandee, didn't know it was a jumping saddle til i came to sell it (we were sold it as a GP :rolleyes: ). but it's a fab saddle. Used to do a lot of jumping in it and i always felt really secure in it.

Also used to 'loan' a seigfried and liked that one a lot too, but it was so incredibly heavy!

Stubbens are heavy and new stubbens and pessoas my saddler will not touch with a barge pole nevermind sell to anyone (very cheaply made and sold for same price)

I have a barnsby orginal milton which i love :D and recommend though id go for the pro-milton if you prefer the bigger thigh block :) mine are quite small.

I also recommend prestiage saddles ....... my friend has the event jump one ....... the thigh and calf blocks are remove/moveable and come with the different sizes etc... so u can play around and find the rite place for them for your position.

newrider.com