Jumpcross? Showcross?

Lucyad

Mar 30, 2006
Renfrewshire, Scotland
A few questions on the above - am I right in thinking that Jumpcross is a copyrighted formula, with knock downable jumps in a cross country type course length, with natural features / obsticals, timed? And showcross is traditional cross country jumps in an arena setting?

Are they both only open to registered horses / riders? Are there non affiliated events, even if under a different name?

Confused :confused::confused:!

Jumpcross are knock down fences in a cross country setting. What i like about jumpcross is they run training sessions aswell as the competitions. Their site explains all the rules/levels. Definately going to take kes to have a crack at it when he's older

http://www.jumpcross.com/

I think you have to be a jumpcross member to attend comps/trainings but it's only £20.

Know absolutely nothing about showcross, doesn't appear to be an event that's run in my neck of the woods.

oh i've been wondering about that recently!

sounds perfect for me and jerry - his obsession with long distances and speed and my fear of solid jumps conquered:D

A few questions on the above - am I right in thinking that Jumpcross is a copyrighted formula, with knock downable jumps in a cross country type course length, with natural features / obsticals, timed? And showcross is traditional cross country jumps in an arena setting?

Thats exactly what it is. See you knew the answer all along.

:) :)

Are they both only open to registered horses / riders? Are there non affiliated events, even if under a different name?

Confused :confused::confused:!

Hi there

Have just noticed this post. I am lucky in that there is a jump cross venue five minutes from me. You are timed over the whole course, and any penalties you have through knock downs or refusals are added into your final time. You also have the option to jump joker fences to gain extra points. As far as I am aware they are open to anyone - I am not registered. Heres my vid from last Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX1Q-ELAK2w

newrider.com