July Healthy Thread

LMS

Sep 14, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Was there one for this month?:confused: Can't seem to find it.

Since I can't find it (or June's), I'll start this one alright?

So how's everyone's health been since May? (or whenever was the last healthy thread)

We've all been inspired by Perdita's metamorphosis (yay Perdita!) & her new found esteem when she sat on her lovely horse for the first time in 3 yrs!

There has been downs for a few of us as well and we wish them all the best & hope they are coping well.

So? Let's hear who's still on the wagon, off the wagon running behind it, you know what I mean...

I've been stuck riding at the back of the wagon trailing my feet because I've been told to stop doing many activities because of my hip. Unfortunatly riding was one of them. So I hadn't sat on a horse since end of November.

Well I've been trying to convince the medical professionals involved that smart riding was safe & beneficial. It's a good thing that the 2 out of the 3 are into sport injuries because they actually listened & I finally have the go ahead to hop on the ponies! BUT I can only light ride up to 3X a week max(giving at least one day of rest in between) and only up to 30min max at a time. Hey I can walk around for that long, it's better than nothing!

Yay! Everyone please knock on wood & cross your fingers & toes that all goes well because I'm just itching to start enjoying rides on Ariel. Seems like everytime I've wanted to ride my own horse, some sort of disaster would happen; always someone clinging on for dear life or some other terrible thing. (Hubby & horsy)

I will definitly make certain that hubby is present with the camera!

Maybe this will give me the extra omph to get the ball rolling again & fight the battle of the bulge. At least I've been able to keep my weight steady at 137lbs.

Your turn...

I have been doing horrible! I actually gained 5 more pounds! I need to lose at least 30, more like 50-60 pounds. I weigh 200 pounds, and should weigh like 140. I have huge bones, so even when I weighed 150 I was skinny enough, so healthy and fit, I miss being that small!

I am just going to have to force myself to go exercise and eat less!

I'm so sorry to hear that WL. Don't give up though, you'll get there eventually.

Up until a month after I gave birth to my first born, I'd been able to control my weight at 110lbs. Used to be a bit chunky until I was 17. When I met my husband, I was 107lbs (I'm 5' 1"). But then my body went into mommy mode & the weight started to come on. After my 2nd child, a depression and medication (to help with the depression), I'd stopped stepping on the scale at 165lbs, I was so discouraged.

That was 11yrs ago. And only in the past year, by changing my diet (went to see a nutritional practitioner & was off the meds for a few years), I started to lose a little bit of weight. Only 10lbs I think.

Then in November, hubby was hospitalized & he had to change his diet drastically, so I figured, why not support him? Well that was the best thing that could've ever happened. After a couple of months my body finally clued in & I began to lose more. It's such a slow process but what can you do?

Just hang in there, you can do it!

I had to go on a new special diet cos of my learning problems and in one week i lost enough weight to make my chaps too big lol not to good but it's good for my horse hehe!!! hopefully this weight loss will continue so i can ride mini's again!!

newrider.com