Joint supplements

karenandandy

Sep 16, 2007
Just wondering if any of you use a joint supplement on your horses, are they any good ? do they work ?are they worth the money ? would love to hear your stories.

I tried cortaflex HA, on my intermitantly lame mare, she just wasnt right, but not hopping, and I found it so good I started stocking it on my online shop. She has been pounded in the past, so needs the HA for her damaged joints but I have others on the original cortaflex, with the same reaction, its not cheap but its the best on the market IMO, Its the UK's number 1 joint supplement for a reason!

I use equiflex from vetvits - it has improved Otto's stiffness so it's doing something! :p It's about £17.99 or something like that comes from Jersey free postage and no Tax - hence the price. :cool:

I also use Equiflex and have found it very good. If you keep an eye out in the horsey magazines you can get money off vouchers too - just got a £2 off one from Pegasus freebie mag at my local tack shop :D

I've tried 2 supplements: cortaflex and equiflex. I saw an improvement with cortaflex and horse was on it for well over a year. I was recommended to try equiflex and, as it is much cheaper and I could do with saving some money, I thought I may as well give it a go. Couldn't believe the difference- my horse was so much better on it. So she's been on equiflex ever since :)

newrider.com