Jodhpurs

ALP

Apr 1, 2004
Carlisle, Cumbria
Visit site
Hi can anyone suggest some good makes of jodhpurs, I have ride and groom at the moment and have also had saddlemaster. I just seem to struggle to get them to fit right. I am a size 12, but find size 12 jodhpurs are way too tight, I now have size 14 R&G ones, but still find them difficult to do up. Length is fine (R) it is just around the waist. Maybe need to loose some weight!!

Thanks for any advice you can offer. :D

I have tried quite a few different makes and the ones I keep going back to are the Gorringe New Cord jods as they are very soft, very stretchy and not restricting in any way. I still have my first pair which I bought about 6 years ago, and they are still going strong, although they were black and are now a pale grey :D

Not sure if Robinsons do them, here are a couple of places that do sell them mail order, I have used both of these companies without any problems

www.horseandrider.co.uk
www.discountsaddlery.co.uk

Rideaway used to do them but I have just had a quick look on their site and can't see them, I also know that Central Wool Growers sell them but don't know if you have one local to where you live.

Last edited:
ALP - I am about a size 12 - 14, that the size 30" shires saddlehuggers fitted really nicely and were very comfy, only problem was I wanted the two tone and they only had jester ones in but definatkey reccomend them tho

I have a few different makes of jodhpurs and I would definitley agree with Bertie and Tor for what you are looking for, the saddlehuggers are a great fit, I do find the material a bit thick though. You can buy them from www.barnstormers.co.uk and you can get them in loads of different colours too (aswell as plain)
The soft cord Gorringe ones that Jakes mum mentioned are also good, very stretchy, I had a pair but they were a bit too big fitting for me. If you go here you can see them

I've always found Harry Halls very unyielding and far too tight around the thighs/waist for the size they claim to be. I was a 16/18 with a long body/high waist, am now a size 12 and the pair of 32inch waist ones I have left over from that time I find I STILL struggle to get up over my thighs - I don't rate them at all.

The best ones I've ever bought were Dublin Pull-Ons - about £20 at www.equestrianclearancewarehouse.co.uk or a bit more (but better choice of colours) from Ride-Away - lovely thick stretchy material, a good fit and length.

Hac-Tac are another brand that fit a little too snugly - I bought a pair of their size 14s in our local tack shop's sale and I can barely fasten them around the waist - yet my size 12 work clothes are getting baggy on me! Weird.....:rolleyes:

ooh pint size I have them! I have the burgundy ones and the cerise pink ones, also have the baby blue/navy blue two tone ones :D Dont find they have as much give in them as the soft cord ones though

i find saddle huggers to clingy, i know jodpers are supposed to cling (lol) but they cling a little to much! i find gorridge unbelievably comfy but i find the waist are always really small and the legs really long. anyone else have the same problem?

Hac-Tac are another brand that fit a little too snugly - I bought a pair of their size 14s in our local tack shop's sale and I can barely fasten them around the waist - yet my size 12 work clothes are getting baggy on me! Weird.....

Glad to hear I am not alone, I have two pairs of hac-tac denim jods (bought in a sale as well), there is a 12 and a 14 and I can't even get the 14 on, yet I am usually a 10-12 in normal clothes:eek:

Originally posted by Lovecat

The best ones I've ever bought were Dublin Pull-Ons - about £20 at www.equestrianclearancewarehouse.co.uk or a bit more (but better choice of colours) from Ride-Away - lovely thick stretchy material, a good fit and length.

I agree I use cream ones for showing and they don't get to hot (I wore them on Sunday for 6.30am-8pm) when I need new jods I'll be getting these again

I love ym Gorringe jodhs! I have had my navy pair for over 3 years now and they're a little worn but they're still good for daily wear. I've just bought a pair of beige Gorringe jodhpurs for showing.

Would definately recommend them! :)

I've had several brands of jods, but am now sticking to 'riders' ones. Got two pairs of these, a black normal pair and a beige pair of sticky-bum ones which are great when riding on synthetic saddles! Sizes come up ok, i'm usually a 10-12 and a 30 fits well in these.
Does anyone else find tho that most jods are a bit long in the crotch to waistband? and get longer/baggier in the crotch area as they are worn and washed?
Getting a pair of shires hiphuggers in the post tomorrow from barnstormers, ordered a 30, but a nice lady rang me up and told me that apparently they come up small and was i aware of this, so now i've got a 32 coming. Nice people at barnstormers!
ne 1 else got a pair?

Should be called Harry Small more like!

I've always found Harry Halls very unyielding and far too tight around the thighs/waist for the size they claim to be.

I've yet to find a pair of HH that are the correct size!

newrider.com