Jodhpurs

geckos11

May 23, 2015
Hi I'm a fairly new rider and I bought a pair of jodhpur boots but when I wear them my stirrup leathers nip my calfs. My riding instructor says I need a pair of jodhpurs. Does anyone know where I can buy a pair of jodhpurs fairly cheap from near Sheffield?

Ah a joddy thread!lol my fav! Hahahaaa. Try ebay - there is plenty of bargains on there. Otherwise Robinsons or Rideaway? If you buy second hand on ebay - I know you can't try them on but if they don't fit you can always re sell.
I like Harry Hall ones and Mountain Horse best. Although I do also like the Sherwood ones too. Hell I just love new jodhs!lol
What sort of height are you? Robinsons own brand used to do two different leg lengths which is quite useful.

Parklands has loads of jods! I think there's somewhere called horse and rider too?

It might be worth investigating into some half chaps too

Reactions: tikkitti
I'd say look into getting some half chaps rather than jods, I don't find jods make that much difference to pinching.

Exactly that. You will probably want jodphurs as well as the half chaps but it's the half chaps that will stop the stirrup leathers from pinching not the jods.

I would agree with carthorse, I ride in jods and half chaps or stretch skinny jeans and half chaps at times too, both I find comfy enough. If I didnt wear my chaps it would be only be because I was riding with jods and long boots for comps. x

I rode yesterday with just my jodhpur boots,I was being lazy. Stirrup leathers nipped like mad. Won't be doing that again. Ur legs need protection. [emoji6]

I'm another for joddies and chaps. No pinching at all. Mine came from a local tack shop. One pair made by Dublin, the other Harry Hall. Both around the £25 mark but have lasted years. If you don't mind not trying them on before buying then you'll probably find them cheaper on eBay or similar.

Thanks you guys. I guess I'll just have to go back to my good old wellies till I can get my hands on something.

@eml my friend swears by decathlon stuff she even has a hat from them which looks well made (although Im no hat expert) and was reasonably priced too. x

newrider.com