JJs 1st back into work hack

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
:smug: Took JJ out with Dolly today after his 2 days being ridden in the field. Friend rode JJ and I rode Dolly. Very windy, threatening to rain, I almost backed out as I was so worried how he might be after so many months - didnt want friend (or me!!) coming a cropper!

Well!! Gobsmacked - he strode out in front at his usual hell for leather walk - had to pass a few noisy tractors and trailers and a big lorry that had got lost on our lanes, not a bother on him, Dolly and I trailed along behind like the beginners from the riding school:giggle: Asked friend did she want to lead up a steep hill to try a bit of trot and see how he went(well there was no way Dolly has the speed to lead himself:redface:) - off they flew, he dropped straight down onto the bit and went into his show horse mode and stepped into a beautiful extended trot.......again me and Dolly the Trolley rolled along behind at our own ambling trot!:bounce:

He stood like a statue and waited for us old ladys at the top of the hill - then we turned for home and like the true gentleman he is he lead us home in a safe (albeit rather forward going!) and non spooky manner.

If my friend doesnt want to buy him when she trys him I would say she needs her head testing! What a super star he is - so pleased with him and am more than ever determined that he shall go to the very best home possible.:smile:

What a good boy JJ is :angel:

It's great that you are getting out and about. I was supposed to ride after work but the weather has got worse as the day has gone on so we decided not to

newrider.com