Jim pics after Sunday's op

carthorse

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
Here are some photos I took of Jim today, I'm really pleased with how he's looking! Excuse the photo quality, it was a new, very cheap camera because my OH moans if I take his good one up the yard :rolleyes: plus Jim isn't a very co-operative model in the stable, he thinks I should be playing with him not cameras!

For anyone who doesn't know here's a link to his story http://www.newrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191122

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

One well kissed nose!
PICT0006.jpg

With the lovely Mischa, a bit sulky because he'd rather be grazing
PICT0007.jpg

"Well about time too!"
PICT0008.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

And a bit more fuss & scratches in the stable
PICT0029.jpg

PICT0030.jpg

We'd both like to say a massive thank you forall you good thoughts & prayers.

Ive been thinking of you both, wonderful to see him up on his feet - a huge weight of your mind too. Good luck to you both.

He seems to be getting brighter all the time :D. The foot supports are off now, he's pooing more normally, he's being allowed more in hand grazing & as much hay as he'll eat. He now has two bucket feeds a day, both of which are bigger than he'd get at home! And he managed an impromptu trot while walking out this morning - I was talking to the vet so didn't see it but definately heard him!!!

His last lot of bloods should be done today & then it's a case of sorting things out to get him home. I'm thrilled because it means he's getting better but also terrified - what if something goes wrong & how on earth am I going to manage a long period of box rest when he'll expect to go out at home?

Oh goodness I can't believe you posted this 3 days ago and I only just noticed it :eek:

I'm so glad he's well on the road to recovery and munching down the verges of it along the way :D

Continued best wishes to you both x

newrider.com