Jess update

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Well things are going well at the moment, I've got a sound neddie who's chilled and happy :D

Quite what got us here I don't know, 5/6 weeks ago I changed the way I was trimming her feet, 22 days ago I moved them to the new field and onto the new track, 20 days ago I also upped her cushings meds and its also been hot and dry and her thrush has cleared up nicely :)

Regardless I'm happy my horse is back :D a few pics from our recent plods, we actually did about 75 yards of trot yesterday :D and are walking out for about 45 mins now, she's back to doing her storming norma thing, the route were doing was taking us an hour a few months ago.......
DSC_2467.JPG DSC_2468.JPG FB_IMG_1499581251498.jpg FB_IMG_1499581255123.jpg FB_IMG_1499581258214.jpg FB_IMG_1499581271617.jpg
We met this little guy on the trail last nightFB_IMG_1499581647241.jpg
And finished the day under an awesome skyFB_IMG_1499581643364.jpg

That's great news she is doing so well. Storming Norma is back lol she really does march along doesn't she, how does wee Hank keep up with her, I suppose he is having to trot most of the time ? Great work out for the poor wee man lol
You have such lovely hacking , so peaceful, not a soul in sight. I would love it. I'm sure you see all different types of wildlife. I have a Mr Fox too who visits my field and cuts across it .
Absolutely thrilled for you that she is doing so well, long may it last :D

Reactions: Jessey
That's great news she is doing so well. Storming Norma is back lol she really does march along doesn't she, how does wee Hank keep up with her, I suppose he is having to trot most of the time ? Great work out for the poor wee man lol
You have such lovely hacking , so peaceful, not a soul in sight. I would love it. I'm sure you see all different types of wildlife. I have a Mr Fox too who visits my field and cuts across it .
Absolutely thrilled for you that she is doing so well, long may it last :D
Yes hank has to trot, a lot! But it does him the world of good :D I tried letting him loose once on the way home, based on herd mentality I thought he'd stick close by, but he hung back then tore past us and took himself home so I haven't tried again :p

Yes hank has to trot, a lot! But it does him the world of good :D I tried letting him loose once on the way home, based on herd mentality I thought he'd stick close by, but he hung back then tore past us and took himself home so I haven't tried again :p
Oh that has made me laugh, I can just picture him thinking "should I or shouldn't i" then just tbinking to hell with it and taking off for home

That is good news to read Jessey, you must be delighted, love the shot behind of Hank, and is that a Muntjac deer in the woods? How lovely. :D

If I had to put my money on it. New field. New nutrients.
Could be, we are only 250 yards along from the old field tho, so soil etc is very similar so I think thats less likely than the other options. The footing is quite different in places as there is an old gravel driveway under part of the track.

newrider.com