Jess & Mollys Outing *some pics*

Flony_Pony

Apr 20, 2007
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Myself and acw295 took Jess and Molly to do a 10 mile endurance ride yesterday. One of the other liveries at the yard who went too measured the course and it was actually 14.5 but we didnt mind. All bridleways we I knew and girls were SO good.

They loaded like stars, came off really nicely, trotted up and stood for the vet nicely and off we went! Jess was very strong and just wanted to go fast (Jess can canter to mollys trot!!) so we did really go for it most of the time!

Few scary moments included (i was gallopping acw cantering) across a big field with a gate at the other end and realising neither of us could stop! Also cantering with jess is in front getting faster and faster and then i saw 2 other horses (doing the ride) in front so steered onto the redway so they could hear us, managed to pull up just before i got to them!

We then went for a trot (me canter :)) down past a lake and got to a scary bridge. This track was on a hill with the river one side and lake the other, Jess wouldn't go under the bridge! She span twice and tried to run back down the track - without molly!!! The third time we went right down the hill right near the river, so i got off and walked her under it (i didnt want to swim) we made it back in one piece and girls were so happy with there hay and each other!!

Acw got the best adult on a pony - mollys heart rate was 1 beat faster when we got back than when we went out and we both trotted up sound (jess followed Molly being trotted up so our heart rate was quite high!!!)

My OH took some pics as we went through the park by my house - but we couldn't stop!!!

merry002-1.jpg

merry005.jpg

merry007.jpg

merry009.jpg

We were all very glad to be home and exhausted!!!! When we loaded to come home I put Jess on first - and as acw untied Molly she loaded herself!! I went under the partition to find molly on the lorry with acw half way up the ramp!!!

Lovely pics, well done to you both.

I love the fact that Jess has her eyes closed in one of the pics....also you should swap saddle cloths.....yours matches acw's silk!
x

Lovely pics, can't wait to do an endurance ride, looks like fun :)
Where did you get Jess's numnah from?, I've been looking for one like that for ages.

Lovely pics, can't wait to do an endurance ride, looks like fun :)
Where did you get Jess's numnah from?, I've been looking for one like that for ages.

It's a Mark Todd one - I've had it years, was her first numnah but her nice show numnah had got damp and stained!!!

Thanks for the nice comments - Bex, I love the way her eyes are shut too! She also kept sticking her nose out the window of the lorry!!!!

It's a Mark Todd one - I've had it years, was her first numnah but her nice show numnah had got damp and stained!!!

Thanks for the nice comments - Bex, I love the way her eyes are shut too! She also kept sticking her nose out the window of the lorry!!!!

nawwww she is like a puppy :)

Blimey, I'm so glad you clipped her for me - can you imagine the sweat if you hadn't?! How can a clipped pony produce that much foam in such a short space of time? :eek:

Great pics though, thank your OH for me :)

Was a great day, I loved it and so did Molly, I am so, so proud of her :D

lovely pics,Molly and her spanking trot af both of you smiling :D

Molly has always been a sweaty thing and you know now that its not cause she's unfit - come winter she should stop - but she also gets shivery whenriding in the freezing cold so needs a sheet then instead - strange thing

Lovely to see you all having fun (although i'm also a little jealous)

ETA - P.s. i dont think Molly looks overly impressed to be at the back - he he

Last edited:
ETA - P.s. i dont think Molly looks overly impressed to be at the back - he he

Molly didn't have any choice but to go at the back most of the time cause i couldn't stop jess behind and we have much shorter legs than Molly - we do a nice steady canter to her steady trot!!! I had a few gallops across the fields so Molly could canter!!! They aren't very well paced!

Brilliant thanks jaydevon, exactly what I was looking for and for half the price :D, of the others I've looked at.

newrider.com