Jeffries Saddles

tashanoodles

Aug 10, 2009
South Wales
Just a quickie, how do people rate these in general?

Only ask as when looking at buying, sellers often say tack included or give a price for the tack etc. Is a Jeffries worth the £ for a good fit on the horse?

Or am i asking the 'how long is a piece of string?' qn?¬ :eek:

I have had a jeffries (note sig ;) ), and it is great, no quibbles, very comfy, great allround saddle, no faults or anything. Overall very very happy with it and would have another, if my horse decided to stay one shape long enough to warrant it! :eek:

I LOVE jeffries, have always rated their bridles and saddles. Years ago i had a pony falcon saddle and my cob has a hawk event saddle at the moment. Cost me a pretty penny but is wirth it. Very nice for jumping (which is the main activity i do in it).

I cut my saddlers teeth on many a Falcon Harrier saddle!

and Hawk events, and Hannover, (I think that's what they were called, long time ago)

They are not bad, there's lots , lots worse. Glad you like their bridle work too ;)

Just thought i'd give an update - rode with the Jeffries (sp) & was astounded at how much more movement i could feel from the horse, hopefully it works the other way too, and the horse can feel the leg more!!

I cut my saddlers teeth on many a Falcon Harrier saddle!

and Hawk events, and Hannover, (I think that's what they were called, long time ago)

They are not bad, there's lots , lots worse. Glad you like their bridle work too ;)
Hi. I know this is a really old post, but noticed that you used to make Jeffries Falcon Harrier saddles. I have my eye on one and wondered if it would be suitable for a wide flat backed low withered Welsh 12h pony? Are they an open head and are the rails flatter? any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Helen

newrider.com