Jealous/Aggressive behaviour

Innocence

Jun 1, 2009
For some reason my cob has become very jealous and aggressive towards my TB. He stands in his stable which is next door to my TB and kicks the wall aimed at her when she puts her head over the door. More so if i haven't put hay in his stable or he is waiting for his tea.

I can no longer lead them together because my cob swings his backside round and boots hell out of her. They share a field and he always chases her away from the gate when we get them in, although they are fine grazing together when no-one is around.

I'm assuming it is jealousy over people who handle him and we can not handle any other horses in his eyes. Hope that makes sense.

Any ideas on how to stop this behaviour?

It is probably food related. Our Storm pulls the most dreaful of faces over the door at Joe if he recieves anything she doesn't - yet they graze together peacefully most of the time. They will often "bicker" in the field if I go with a treat each of course. I would just give your cob his tea first then hopefully he'll stop booting the wall! I think jealousy like that only stems from being food related (might be wrong).

newrider.com