Jazz arrives! LOTS of photos!

Cochise

Jun 3, 2002
Auckland, New Zealand
I think I drove for about 9 hours today, towing an empty trailer from Auckland to Whakatane and returning with Jazz and my cat. Was fantastic to see her again as I haven't seen her for a month!! She is the most fantastic, easy traveller! She goes straight on, stands and balances against the partition and divider and is now very good to back off. Her only vice at the moment, and she IS only 16 months old is that she paws the floor of the float for the first 10 minutes of the journey. I could see all her mane flying in the air as she tossed her head in my rear view mirror through the window. :D

Anyway, no photos of the journey as I was on a mission, but heaps of her arrival in Auckland! Yay for being back on a decent internet connection!!

I had to put her in the arena while I set up a tape in her paddock as there's WAY too much grass in there for her!

Did she look bovvered? Nope!
More concerned about stuffing her tummy with any food she could find!
P1160017.jpg

P1160018.jpg

Oh, time to go in? Ok!
P1160019.jpg

Hey! I know you! It's Uncle Cheeky! (And Uncle Cheeky looking a bit put out that the brat has arrived and he's NOT an only child again!) :rolleyes::p
P1160021.jpg

Nevermind! Where are we going? Near some food? 4 hours on the trailer makes a baby girl VERY hungry!
P1160022.jpg

(More in a tick)

Yeehaw! All that grass for her!

P1160023.jpg

P1160024.jpg

Obviously enjoying herself!
P1160025.jpg

P1160027.jpg

P1160029.jpg

And then.... a whinny from up the hill! Who is it?
P1160031.jpg

It was from a cute chestnut quarterhorse and she was fascinated!
P1160035.jpg

I left her to it as she obviously settled in well and went to give old Bug-A-Lugs a bit of attention.
Old Grump... :p
P1160036.jpg

Bless him, he is cute!
P1160044.jpg

That's it! So pleased to have all my animals relocated here with me now. Will check on how Jazz is doing tomorrow morning when I go to ride Cheeky.

Nice to have polar opposites, keeps you on your toes! Jazz is still such a baby, but she's a brave lass and man, I can sense she's got an amazing future ahead of her.

Cheeky is a real school master, been-there-done-it type of horse, but can absolutely flip out at nothing at the drop of a hat (or a slightly strange noise). Why Cheeky is nick-named "Pops" - acts like a grandpa, can pop and change his personality quickly, smacks his lips together making a popping noise, used to "pop" his fences back in the jumping days. Funny bugger. :p

She looks pleased to be home! Not so sure about Old Grump!!;)
It looks stunning where you are - all that lush grass - quite a contrast to the mud over here!

Was just interested in the changes she's undergone in the 6 months I've owned her.

Big difference from this ratbag in September!
PA120003sml.jpg

And October...
007.jpg

And November :-D

November2009062.jpg

Cheeky... well that's 8 years and almost losing him 4 times to various things (eye cancer, laminitis, colic and a nasty travelling accident). But he's seriously cool, even for a grumpy old man. :p

It's such an idyllic spot, it's not close to where I live, meaning I can only get down there 4 days a week, but it's such a treat to get out of the city and to a beautiful place like that. We don't only have the arena, there's a good round pen which will come in handy for training Jazz later, a big "hill" paddock for riding around for building muscle and laneways all around the 57acre property for riding around. Not only that, there's a multitude of great pony clubs nearby to trailer to, a nice beach 30 mins drive away and a big forest, the Waiuku to ride for hours in near the beach! I miss having them in the back paddock and walking out in my PJs to give them cuddles on a Sunday morning, but it's also nice to live in a city again and have such a nice getaway too.

Your two Appys are gorgeous, I do think Appys have such distinct personality traits and I really like the stubborn, but loyal characteristics. Would have bought a cheeky little Appy in America if I'd been living there lol.

She is absolutely gorgeous! What a relief for you to have had a good, safe journey to that idyliic new home. Like many other Brits enduring this wild winter, I am jealous of your scenery, grass and even the round pen :D

How old is Cheeky? I have a soft spot for grumpy old grey horses :)

newrider.com