domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
... For Sunday!!! :eek:

9.05 dressage
9.45 SJ
10.25 XC

Early start but it will all be over by 10.30!! :p

There are 9 seniors in my class and rosettes to 10th place so if we make it through all the elements in Sunday's vile weather forecast of heavy rain and high winds, I will get a 9th place for our trouble. It's all about the adventure though, I don't care about the frilly.

They may even cancel it yet... will be checking the webby and FB page regularly.

Ohmygosh, it's so dark in the mornings now... even just a fortnight on from the HT! I fear sleep will elude me tomorrow night...nerves and worry about the weather will be on my anxious mind. Dom will have to walk the dog early, in pitch black conditions, to enable us to get to the venue in plenty of time.

Remind me again why I thought this would be a good idea??? :p

Ohmygosh, it's so dark in the mornings now... even just a fortnight on from the HT! I fear sleep will elude me tomorrow night...nerves and worry about the weather will be on my anxious mind. Dom will have to walk the dog early, in pitch black conditions, to enable us to get to the venue in plenty of time.

Haha, it is a good idea, although I agree the getting ready on time is always what stresses me out the most when we do anything. Hope the weather is kind and you have a great time. At least the ground won't be too churned up if you're one of the first to go.

I won't get to see a lot of Jill and Albi as her timings clash with mine. Her dressage is 2 mins before my SJ and her SJ is 2 mins before my XC. I'll only be able to watch her XC. :rolleyes:

It is a good idea!
My advice would be to do everything as normal the night before just start sooner, have dinner and a glass of wine (or lager) then take a good fuzzy read to bed along with dom too lol and set your alarm. Everytime you wake up or if you struggle dropping off, think of ten different cat breeds. Then move onto dogs. Or countries. And shove any negative thoughts into your virtual filing cabinet marked "rubbish" or "for later".

Ignore this! Posted something confusing but sorted it now.

Last edited:
newrider.com