Ive found a solution for Seedy Toe

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
My little man has always been prone to seedy toe. The thought is that at some point in his past he has had laminitis which has resulted in a weakness to the white line which is more prone to infection.

I decided to try Lamisil Once on him at the beginning of the year and when he was trimmed again there was no further progress up the hoof with the seedy toe. So, after the trim I put more on. Again, the next month saw more growth and no further progress of the seedy toe. I told my farrier that I'd used the Lamisil Once after the trim the previous 2 times and had done nothing else apart from picking his feet out twice a week apart from that. He said he couldn't see why this would work as seedy toe is bacterial and fungal.

So, I didn't use the Lamisil once after that time, thinking it was just coincidence. When he was trimmed again the seedy toe had progressed up despite using the tea tree oil as recommended and which hadn't worked in the past.

So last month I once again used the Lamisil once after his trim and did nothing else except pick his feet out a couple of times a week. Its been wet weather too and more akin to seedy toe conditions. He had his trim this morning and the seedy toe hasn't progressed again.

Having experimented between using the Lamisil Once just once after trimming and regularly using the tea tree oil as directed, there's no doubt in my mind that the Lamisil Once works.

Just thought I'd share my experiences in case it helps someone else.

I've used athletes foot cream on thrush before and it's cleared it up really quickly with little comeback too, I always keep a tube handy in my first aid kit now!

Yep I'd heard of the athletes foot remedies for thrush before and that's why I had some in my grooming kit box in the first place. So glad I've found something that helps the little fella as I hate seeing the chunks cut out of his toes to get on top of this.

Very interesting I might invest in some and use every time mine are trimmed they do get a bit of thrush now and again :redface:

Hi - just trawling through forums (again) for seedy toe help - I have tried EVERYTHING - (except Athlete's foot!) - got four boys, mistreated, awful seedy toe for 4 years - all gone except two parts - just so tenacious no matter how often I treat. Blue stone, eucalputus - tea trea, ACV, bug buster, milton (although I think that is slowing it down/preventing), and thousands of dollars worth of stuff. I am on it ALL THE TIME - any more comments on Athlete's foot, tempted to try it >desperate< (I've also had mane analysis and they are all on massive amounts of vitamins/minerals).

Hi - just trawling through forums (again) for seedy toe help - I have tried EVERYTHING - (except Athlete's foot!) - got four boys, mistreated, awful seedy toe for 4 years - all gone except two parts - just so tenacious no matter how often I treat. Blue stone, eucalputus - tea trea, ACV, bug buster, milton (although I think that is slowing it down/preventing), and thousands of dollars worth of stuff. I am on it ALL THE TIME - any more comments on Athlete's foot, tempted to try it >desperate< (I've also had mane analysis and they are all on massive amounts of vitamins/minerals).
Have you tried cleantrax? It’s about the best thing out there for deep rooted infection

newrider.com