Ive Caught The Showing Bug!

HorseManiac

Dec 19, 2005
With Percy:)
Well I have shhh:eek:

There was a judge there saying how she would love to have seen more ''amatuer'' riders there. Just to have fun and experience and PUK Quailifers. Just because you horse mite not be good enough its all good experience.. so I went along and caught the bug!! I Love SHOWING <3 :D :D

Pics soon.. and the judge never made comment on me and dinky:D

Yay!

Anneli x

It's strangely addictive isn't it! Well done to you and Dinky. Hurry up with those pictures!! :D

It is addictive, and as long as you have a good mindset about it all, it's fun. I see so many people at shows that I know, and it's really nice to catch up. I even end up talking to complete strangers, like at the last one "what breed is he? We're looking at that type to buy" and so on.

Prize money, and in some cases rosettes, are naff when compared to other disciplines in general, but to my mind the atmosphere at most shows more than makes up for it.

I doubt it. Right now I have absolutely no idea what stage his schooling will be at once I get a saddle on his back - he can only manage two strides of canter with me at the moment.

I will be trying to qualify if I get the opportunity, although certainly not at Patchetts, it would be a very long drive. ;)

I used to love showing and did a lot of it but when i moved yards and then when i got Shearer, i got more interested in showjumping and dressage! Showing can be really satisfying to see all your hardwork on turnout and schooling etc paying off when you win nice big (+red:p) rosettes!

newrider.com