its official - we're moving

rubysmum

Sep 11, 2006
leicester
didnt want to post on here til id given formal notice on my job & agreed a move date for the hosses - i know a number of peeps from my yard use this site & didnt want to pre-empt the formal bits - but we're out of the closet now lol lol - after more than 3 yrs of working every wkend to pay for the two of them at a livery yard - we are moving to a small DIY yard much nearer home - Woodcock Farm in Rothley - less facilities, but i can have some of my wkend back & my daughter wont have to come to work with me every wk end - we can have a life - runs round room laughing like a mad thing - its cheap enough so that as ruby moves into older age she can have a quiet retirement & not be a scary fanincial drain - we can keep them out all winter if we want so will see how that goes - will really miss people at my current yard & the fab hacking but change is good - if anyone here has a large wheelbarow they would like to sell cheaply & near enough for me to collect please let me know - cannnot belive the price of big wheel barrows - obviously going DIY opens up a whole new shopping experience;);)

Hey that's good news, a bit of your life back and more time to spend with your own horses!! I too work at a livery yard to help fund my horse's livery and I know just how much of a slog it can be - sometimes I spend so much time sorting out everyone else's horses that I hardly have time for my own. I'm not complaining because the yard is really nice and the YO is lovely, but, as I'm sure you know it is hard work - however much you love horses!! So good for you for making the break and I hope it all works out for you and your daughter :)

eel off to B&Q to buy a wheel barrow today - if anyone here knows the hacking in Rothley - nr Leicester - would love some info - its a long time since we had to do new exploring

happy happy shopping - have had day of extreme efficiency - no supply work - so day off - proud owner of pink rake & spade - pink haynetts, pink feed bowls - daughter off school with "illness" which amazingly vanished when i said she would have to come to horsey shop with me;) - but now own worrying amount of pink stable stuff - & have a wheel barrow & lots of storage boxes & have found new farrier, informed insurance of move & booked shiatsu session for couple of days after we move - am feeling worryingly smug - surely something will go horribly wrong now - is there anything else that ive forgotten to do?

newrider.com