It was only a matter of time...

Yeah. There was a large problem. My son and daughter want to ride MY horse. :eek:

NOT happening. ;)

Ponio will be little bro for Flash.

Reactions: Jessey
14HH, 9 years old, New Forest x

Bay gelding, three nice paces, canter like a glider chair, good doer (never seen hard feed in his life). Exceptional ground manners, not nappy or strong. Gorgeous kind character.

Here’s my borrowed test jockey proving he’s bombproof.

DCF098EE-F5D5-441F-A3CD-9341BC0A8C46.jpeg

Very nice, practical-looking sort of pony. Looks a bit like Flash in some ways ;) How old are your kids?

Very nice, practical-looking sort of pony. Looks a bit like Flash in some ways ;) How old are your kids?
7 & 10.

10 year old recently diagnosed as autistic. He was very attached to the oldest horse at our RS (age 34)... 2 weeks ago she was PTS as her heart was failing. :(

Ironic really, considering she had the biggest heart of any horse I’ve ever known. RIP April. I’m forever in her debt- she taught my boy how to love horses.

He was absolutely distraught. We’ve been looking for the right one for absolutely ages. And suddenly we might have found him.

:)

He looks sweet, though I'm puzzled why such a gentle well behaved pony would be wearing a martingale and a bubble bit. But perhaps that's just me!

He looks sweet, though I'm puzzled why such a gentle well behaved pony would be wearing a martingale and a bubble bit. But perhaps that's just me!
The mouthpiece was a Waterford, and he felt v light in my hands, that’s the first thing being changed. All other videos I’ve seen of him with kids riding him he was in a snaffle. He had been out hunting and they hadn’t changed it back.

I thought this as well. The tack isn't necessarily and reflection of the behaviour of the pony though. Just to clarify @HaloHoney that you have tried him in a snaffle and not just the Waterford? As he has been out hunting, I would definitely want to test the brakes on a group canter in the field, just to make sure that they are there.

My other initial thought is that I am wary of horses being sold in winter when they are completely hogged. This suggests that sweet itch could be a problem in the summer months. I would ask the vet about this and have a really good look at the top of his tail to see any evidence of rubbing. The tail would be partially grown back but will be short and tufty at the top if there was sweet itch there.

Good luck with him. He does look really nice and definitely my type of horse.

He passed a 5-stage vetting with flying colours. Had a really good look at his tail/mane- his crest feels smooth and not at all scarred as you get with sweet itch. Tail was long and full, right from the top. Vet said “I think he might be a bit of a bargain.” Vet also said his ground manners are exemplary.

Yes, changed to snaffle and he was fine in that too.

Loaded like a pro, and travelled really well.

He’s home. :)

He passed a 5-stage vetting with flying colours. Had a really good look at his tail/mane- his crest feels smooth and not at all scarred as you get with sweet itch. Tail was long and full, right from the top. Vet said “I think he might be a bit of a bargain.” Vet also said his ground manners are exemplary.

Yes, changed to snaffle and he was fine in that too.

Loaded like a pro, and travelled really well.

He’s home. :)
Well that's great news :)
Look forward to seeing the 'introducing ?' Thread with lots of photos ;) hope you and the children enjoy him, he looks a sweetheart.

newrider.com