It doesn't rain, it pours

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I noticed Niko was a little lame yesterday afternoon, can't find any cuts or scrapes but his right fore is fat from the knee to just above the fetlock. Carried on doing jobs while pondering what the heck he'd done, taking the wheelbarrow to the muck heap (huge bramble patch in the field, muck in the middle with 6ft wide, 6ft tall walls of bramble around it, bar one spot where there is an electric fence gate) I noticed all the brambles to one side of the gate had been eaten, as I tip the wheelbarrow I see hoof holes in the muck where he'd sunk to his knees - that explains that then!

I noticed Niko was a little lame yesterday afternoon, can't find any cuts or scrapes but his right fore is fat from the knee to just above the fetlock. Carried on doing jobs while pondering what the heck he'd done, taking the wheelbarrow to the muck heap (huge bramble patch in the field, muck in the middle with 6ft wide, 6ft tall walls of bramble around it, bar one spot where there is an electric fence gate) I noticed all the brambles to one side of the gate had been eaten, as I tip the wheelbarrow I see hoof holes in the muck where he'd sunk to his knees - that explains that then!
oh silly silly boy got stuck then and struggled to get out and is sore. you couldn't make it up could you

Reactions: Jessey
I sometimes wonder if some of them go round looking for trouble to get themselves into. Since there are no cuts or scrapes I'd be telling him to man up and walk it off but NOT near any trouble spots!

I sometimes wonder if some of them go round looking for trouble to get themselves into. Since there are no cuts or scrapes I'd be telling him to man up and walk it off but NOT near any trouble spots!
That is pretty much what he got, a bute, some arnica cooling gel and left to it, sorting Dan out took priority last night. It had gone down a little this morning but not enough, will have to get some ice on it tonight and given what a girl he was about the gel it might take every last ounce of my patience.

Reactions: carthorse
newrider.com