It’s the weekend!!

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
What are you all up to? I am at college all weekend from 9.30am till 5.30pm both days. Other than that I will be mucking out and sleeping. My husband is taking the boys to his mums for the weekend so at least I don’t have to entertain them as well.

What are you all up to?

Just working. Starting my Saturday clipping out the two competition ponies and then they're out jumping in the afternoon. In the evening I'm going to a WW1-themed light & sound display at Guildford Cathedral. On Sunday we're taking the polo ponies over to their winter grazing. They're going to be so happy, there's loads of super grass in there and so much space!

I'm going on a course tomorrow at a vets on administering medication to animals. Will take Torin out for another walk when I get back and going to stay at the field tomorrow night with a bbq and a new book.
Sunday I'll go for another walk with Torin then going to have a chilled afternoon before going back to work on Monday. I've been off for 2 weeks and it's been lovely :D

Reactions: clare123
I'm so behind at work but had to go home sick today and unlikely to make it in tomorrow now either. Just feeling very annoyed at myself but fingers crossed by Sunday I can put in a full day and catch up on everything. I'm then off for 2 weeks which I am very much looking forward to, uni assignments to start, would like to try and get a horse ride in, few days out planned and lots of Ale and Brodie time. Also I need to do some budgeting and see if I can afford a car and if so start looking. But first to get better!

@Ale things are a bit quieter at work for me now the polo season's over... if you fancied popping over to Guildford for a day or two during your time off you'd be most welcome to come visit! I have a spare bedroom in my flat and some lovely Labradors who like walking :cool:

Reactions: Kite_Rider and MrA
Nothing planned at all so it'll be housework, pony cuddles and poo picking. At least I've got Strictly and Killing Eve to look forward to tonight.

@Ale things are a bit quieter at work for me now the polo season's over... if you fancied popping over to Guildford for a day or two during your time off you'd be most welcome to come visit! I have a spare bedroom in my flat and some lovely Labradors who like walking :cool:

Yes please :D let me know what days are best for you!

Reactions: lauren123
Joosie thats such a lovely offer @Ale I hope you do go and I bet you'll have a fab time.

Reactions: MrA and lauren123
I've got nothing to do with a 4 day weekend, no ned to ride, no big projects at the field, so it'll likely be housework, poo picking and lots of binge watching box sets. I hate having nothing to do but it's probably for the best as I'd started to feel poorly on Thursday.

Reactions: lauren123
I've got nothing to do with a 4 day weekend, no ned to ride, no big projects at the field, so it'll likely be housework, poo picking and lots of binge watching box sets. I hate having nothing to do but it's probably for the best as I'd started to feel poorly on Thursday.

Oh vibes for feeling well again soon.

Reactions: Jessey
So far, rode Zi, taken madam for nibbles and a walk, switched everyone about so Chloe had paddock time, had a gu choccy and vanilla cheesecake for breakfast, spent time grooming and oh, yeah did I mention the one in a million gingerbread man and how lovely he was to ride?!! Heehhee so happy. I can only hope my fellow NR's are happy too. And because it was my birthday on Thursday I have new boots to drool over and break in. And I'm having salt n black pepper fries for lunch! And tonight T is making mexican. And the sun is out and oh, just everything:D:D:D:D

Sounds like your having fun Mrs T.

Its been raining here all morning. Glad I popped the rugs on the boys last night. Just come back from picking up my clippers from servicing. Looks like they have put new blades on. The old ones were probably past sharpening. Bought some new cheek pieces as Billys head seems to have changed shape. He has shaken his head twice in the last fortnight and the bridle has slipped off his pole. Hes got such diddy ears. I think his head has changed shape, although I'm not sure how. There are no holes left to use so I've brought some shorter cheek bits.

Off to ride shortly once the rain stops.

Reactions: Trewsers
I’ve put my back out and Kia’s abscess has returned and he’s not sound so my plans of a nice wee trip for a hack over to my friends in the sunshine has fallen through.

Going to do some shopping today then in the foul weather tomorrow I’m going to get a head start for my winter soul stock for my freezer and get the slow cooker going as my mum wants one of my big shepherds pies for dinner :)

So far, rode Zi, taken madam for nibbles and a walk, switched everyone about so Chloe had paddock time, had a gu choccy and vanilla cheesecake for breakfast, spent time grooming and oh, yeah did I mention the one in a million gingerbread man and how lovely he was to ride?!! Heehhee so happy. I can only hope my fellow NR's are happy too. And because it was my birthday on Thursday I have new boots to drool over and break in. And I'm having salt n black pepper fries for lunch! And tonight T is making mexican. And the sun is out and oh, just everything:D:D:D:D
Oh Happy Birthday Trewsers! You sound super happy just now - lovely having a 'good' horse isn't it :D Hope Storm is feeling a bit better too x

Reactions: Trewsers
Oh Happy Birthday Trewsers! You sound super happy just now - lovely having a 'good' horse isn't it :D Hope Storm is feeling a bit better too x

Aw thanks. Storm is doing so well, I know it is the right thing to keep up with her rehab, any doubts I had six weeks ago are long gone. She is moving much much better and coping so well with her box rest.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
newrider.com