Isnt it just typical...

JOJOBA

Fluffy Bunny, apparently
how you always want whatever you cant have? :rolleyes:

Since my horse has been banned from jumping, all I have wanted to do is jump. This is me, who hyperventilates at the mere sight of a raised trotting pole, wondering if I could borrow someone's horse and jump it.

Isnt it just sod's law? :p

I have never, ever, even vaguely entertained the idea of jumping before - in 6 and a half years Ive probably jumped my horse less than 10 times, and now Im really into the idea of improving my jumping and flying (hopping) over jumps on some shiny steed.

What am I like?!

xxx

Ooh yes! Since Cherry is being re-schooled by Rose, all I want to do is hack out every night....

(should just explain, I'm not banned from riding her but made the decision that a few weeks of intensive re-training without me bungling on top would be better for Cherry so SHE gets the idea from a competent rider before I jump aboard and start learning too. Have ridden a couple of times to practise but am taking a back seat for a while)

Really, you, jumping? you feeling OK?

Come up to edinburgh. Then you can fly (lurch) over them on Pink

When I rode as a kid I did not jump that much, I think I lacked the confidance and I just ended up feeling that jumping was a oppertunity for me to looses to the others I rode with.

But now I love jumping, I still do not win, but I do not care because I now, as an adult, am able to take a more objective view on my problems and see that I can improve... Just don't tell my mother that I go jumping in my lessons :eek:

Any yes, JOJOBA, it always goes that you want what you cant have, but I hope you can find a horse to jump with, and I hope you enjoy it :D

I'm kind of the same. Although I am so grateful that I can ride Martini again and would be happy plodding about at walk for the rest of her riding career (simply because a few months back I couldn't see me back on her again), I do miss being able to do what I want. Seeing people jumping, cantering, going to competitions makes me so jealous. Although I don't want to compete and I know that, the fact I can't is what sometimes gets to me. I have no choice in the matter. I've competed in one hunter trial in my whole life and hearing about people doing them makes me want to do it too. But I know if I had the oppertunity, I would probably pass :p Oh I'm awkward!

newrider.com