is three a crowd ??? how do you cope?

J Leahy

Apr 7, 2010

another neddy??? quick question!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All!

I keep toying with the idea of getting another driving pony, i have one driving pony and Odin to ride, I love miss leahy my driving pony to bits but she is very slow and plants a lot on the way out if she drives alone, although she is a little more speedy on the way home and far more willing if we ride odin out with her in the trap (shes very clingy and has always been a napper) she is a little more speedy on the way home I drove a friends you fell the other day and it was great fun, miss leahy is somewhat set in her ways at 23 years young.

My most recently drive with miss leahy wasnt particularly enjoyable as she stopped what seemed like every two steps on the way out but happily went home, which led me to considering an addition to the family. Any excusie !! i have seen a driving fjord advertised

i wouldnt want to upset my two or compromise on their care at all obviously odin is happy to be long reined but izzy to move or bucks in a temper (She has had saddle harness fittings, back checked teeth done etc) id love something a little less cantankerous to be honest and i adore fjords, but im wondering how does everyone cope with three? would i be bitting off more than i could chew??? i know many people here have a herds just giving it some thought really, luckily enough i keep them at home and family helpout with day to day care with the tasks that i cant manage

newrider.com