Is this a dangerous time of year?

Only just seen this @Skib so sorry you fell and are feeling sore, it’s always worse the day after isn’t it. I hope you take care of yourself.

I’m not sure if you watch much tv but I was recommended “the tourist” on bbc IPlayer. It is 6 hour long episodes and is taxing enough to follow that you have to concentrate but not so difficult you loose track. I never usually manage to focus in that way but this has me gripped.
I’m enjoying ‘The Toursist’ too it started off slow but it’s certainly keeps you thinking.

I hope you're starting to feel a bit better now @Skib. I find the second and third days after are the worst and then the aches and bruises become less painfully.

I hope you're starting to feel a bit better now @Skib. I find the second and third days after are the worst and then the aches and bruises become less painfully.
You are right. I am much better today. Thank you. But aching as it is colder. Our boiler broke down yesterday and we have no central heating till an engineer can come, hopefully on Tuesday . It is funny how I have the fortitude to hop on almost any horse offered me and yet go to pieces when the boiler breaks down. My dad was a heating engineer and I long for the pre electronics days when one could open up a boiler or a car bonnet and adjust or clean the workings within.

Reactions: carthorse
As already said, two horses cantering towards you, well they should have stopped when the saw you. Even St Zi would have been hard to control if he'd had two cantering people coming towards him. I do think as well yeah, the time of year because a lot of horses aren't getting their normal workload - sometimes down to the miserable weather / dark nights etc. And a cold sunny day can make them sharp too of course. How horrid for you - as ever good advice about getting back on as soon as you can. Try not to leave it too long if you aren't too achy.
If Buddy had two horses cantering towards him he would have whipped round and shot off.

If Buddy had two horses cantering towards him he would have whipped round and shot off.

Many horses would, it's terribly bad manners. At there's a reason behind many of the old fashioned riding manners that used to be drummed into riders, and that's safety. I wouldn't criticise a horse that did that, I'd be very pleased with and praise to the eyeballs a horse that didn't. That said I felt bad today because I had to go on and leave the person I was hacking with behind. She couldn't or wouldn't get the pony to keep up (have ridden with this pony but different rider before and it was fine as long as I kept Luka steady) and in the end Luka was understandably getting fed up of having to halt every few minutes for her to catch up despite doing his slowest possible walk and jog. So with his behaviour escalating and road work to get home I said either she kept up with his slow pace or I would have to go ahead and leave her before his agitation got out of hand. As an idea we got home in 15 minutes at his normal walk with a short trot, she turned up 20 minutes after that! But still something I was always told not to do - but I know the pony and she was safe, which is more than I was likely to be if I'd pushed him to keep that up much longer.

@Skib I hope you can get the heating fixed soon, like you I hate being cold.

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com