Is there a way of using stable mats without them getting disgusting underneath?

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
The horses finally went out last night. I told myself I wouldn't, but 7am this morning I was deep cleaning his stable 🤣

I hate mats with a passion, they just get all the bedding underneath and the wee seems to sit under them, vile. I even have a nice sloping floor and a built in drain but it hasn't helped.

Am I doing something wrong, is there a knack to them?

I use wood chip bedding on top and they are the really heavy huge mats with the bobbles on top and grooves on the underside.

Nope they’re just gross! But if you have a drain then hosing them in place is better than trying to get the minging things out of the door to hose.
Many moons ago when I stabled I used to use this under and on top of the mats after cleaning to keep it nicer for longer.

Reactions: MrA
Nope they’re just gross! But if you have a drain then hosing them in place is better than trying to get the minging things out of the door to hose.
Many moons ago when I stabled I used to use this under and on top of the mats after cleaning to keep it nicer for longer.
I've done half the stable floor and some of the mats, I'll get it finished tomorrow hopefully. Will look into something like that, thank you

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com