Is rider too big for pony

suezyq

Aug 12, 2007
Hi i have just part loaned my daughters 13.1 pony who is 14yrs old to a girl i know as she has had to sell her own horse she is 14 and about 5ft. 4in. weighs 8 stone. the pony is a welsh x arab. who loves to work but as i have just bought a bigger pony for my daughter i needed someone to takeover a couple of days someone passed a coment that she was too big to ride her anyone else think this?
The pony is also for sale so if you know anyone who is looking for a genuine 1000% bombproof pony then shandi is for you pleases pm me.

Attachments

• 000_0604.jpg
    000_0604.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 284
In all honesty she looks fine to me, if just a little on the large size for the pony, but not particulary so.

she just has long legs thats all, she is not heavy and looks a balanced rider so you have nothing to worry about. too many people confuse long legs with being too big, i suffered from being told i was too big for ponies all my childhood and all it was is i had long legs :(

Reactions: E123h
i agree noseband is a little too low my daughter tacked her up today will have to check tommorrow when she tacks her up again.

Weight wise (which is most important) she is fine. She does look tall for the pony but so do lots of children on games ponies.

I also do on my fjord :eek:

Absolutely fine, people have such a hang up about this when really as long as shes not too heavy there's no need.

I don't think she's too big at all! and her weight sounds fine for that pony.
The only thing I would probz do is knock the stirrups up a hole. but if she feels comfortable like that, she's fine :)

Height wise she's a little tall but I am on mine, weight wise not an issue at all. Lots of people pass judgement based on the height rather than weight, if the rider is able to balance easily there isn't a problem

she does look a tiny bit tall, but no way to heavy!!!

im almost 9 stone, and i rode a 11.2 welsh pony today!!

he carried me just fine, and stil spooked at a cone and bombed off with me!!!

this is me on the 11.2
DSC05232.jpg

ETA- did try to re-size, not sure if its worked :confused:

I'm just over 5ft 3 and share a 13.3hh, I look a bit leggy on her when I ride with nice long stirrups but I'm not too big for her :)

Just a little too tall but not too heavy at all. Look at William Fox-Pitt- he looks ENORMOUS on his horses because he's very tall but thay have no trouble carrying him and he's nearly 100% perfectly balanced all the time. Don't worry!! :D Pone looks a lovely sort too :)

She looks a bit tall, but that isn't the issue - the important factor is weight and she's just fine :) no problem at all!

yeah - it might be the fact that she is riding with really long stirrups thats making her look a tiny bit out of proportion- id say put them up a couple of holes but is shes comfy like that then leave them

weight wise shes fine- im 8 stone and my ponys only an inch bigger!!!:D

newrider.com