Is it October where you are?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
:giggle:

No not a trick question, but just ridden in a t shirt and I was too hot! Yes hot. The sun is out and definitely got its hat on.
The cob was hot and was sporting her grumpy too hot hat.

I took Ben out for a hack at 10am this morning. At 10:15am the heavens opened along with gale force winds. We turned round and were blown back to the yard soaking wet and feeling very thankful that my horse is so calm. By the time I had sorted out Ben and wiped down my tack, the sun was out! Bloody October weather, it's driving me bonkers.

Well, in terms of unpredictable weather, yes it's definitely October. We have had some really beautiful sunny days and some seriously grim rainy ones. Sunday when I was at a show we had a bit of both - clear skies and sunshine one minute, dark clouds and heavy rain showers the next, one of which happened while I was doing my showjumping round! But in terms of temperatures it's not that Octoberish yet, it's been mild on the nice days and humid on the wet ones, although I did FEEL cold when I got back after my week in Portugal!

I was in a T-shirt when I took Mouse for a walk this afternoon. Now darkness has fallen the temperature has dropped very fast.

Strange weather here too - today was very mild until about 6pmish, then the wind seemed to make it much colder than of late. I have dug my fleeces out - like I did the other week and then had to put them away...........I rode in a tee shirt the other day - most odd for October!!

Definitely October!!

In our yard of 16 horses they are all happy go out in the morning, but even the 'fat girls' who came in for the first time last night and have never queued at the gate previously, were queuing tonight!!

They know exactly what month it is and what is out there having had the chance to come in once!!!

Our weather is very up and down. We've had warm days (not warm enough for t-shirts but warm enough that I don't need my extra jumper/wooly hat/winter gloves), cold days, wet and cold days, wet but warm days and days when the paths leading to the fields have turned to rivers! My new wellies arrived today though so I don't care if it rains now as I won't get cold wet feet!

Just starting to feel the nip in the air - was actually suffering from freezing hands today, and it was only 14C.. but that wind.... that was wild and cold.

It has been warm & rainy most of this week so no not really October weather. Until yesterday when it cleared and the temperature dropped very quickly which left it feeling like October. This morning is what i would call a very autumnal day - blue skies & sun but cold :cold:

we have had out in teeshirt weather to torrential rain and semi flooding, all within days of each other, it is completely unpredictable.

I was out riding last week in a cotton teeshirt at 830am....another day we had 12 inches of water lying on the lowest point of the yard.....bizarre in the extreme.

Was lovely today. Got to the field before work and june was having a snooze in the sun. Took wombles rugs off for the day. Wacked them back on tonigjt as we have a bloody awful weather warning in place for the next couple of days :(

We have had our first snow on the weekend. A little north of here it stayed on the ground, but so far we're OK. Went up to bring Rusty in the other afternoon and was almost stampeded (not really) by the rest of the herd who wanted to come in to the nice warm barn.

Highland Perthshire has been mild during the day but cooler at night. We have had the odd day of heavy rain, however today is horsing it down so am trapped indoors. I would think east Perthshire is the same but. Overall the weather has been grand in Gods own county.

Actually the mild weather is slightly annoying me now. Only because I have a fattie that I am trying to slim down, and, our winter field has tonnes of grass. Would anyone like some posted? I seriously need it to drop a degree or two else someone will get sheared like a sheep. :biggrin:

We've had one night in the last two weeks where it's dropped to 5 degrees, otherwise it's been above 10 over night, but very wet so they've had rain sheets on.

It's been very wet with a couple of bright sunny dry days scattered here and there.

Grass is growing great though so I'm hoping it will carry on for the next week or so so I can get an extra use out of my back field and not have to move over to the winter field before December.

newrider.com