Is it just me or does this weather have a familiar feel to it?

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I've gotten used to September being nice weather, but this very autumn-y feeling this early feels much like a it did about 3 winters ago when we had a very wet, wild, mild winter.

It was 9c here this morning, yesterday was 11c overnight and only rose to 13c in the day :cool: by no means cold but steadily lower. Tonight we have gales on the way apparently, I think I might actually end up putting a rug on Jess overnight (In September.....how ridiculous!) as she's quite slim at the moment and has no coat yet o_O

Yes its a lot cooler here too. I had a video pop up on fb memories from this time last year when I was riding Marley in the field, cantering around. It looked like gorgeous weather, sunny and dry:). I think this year is not going to be as good for us compared to last year. I was able to ride in my fields all winter last year for the first as it was a lot drier than previous winters. My fields are already water logged this year :eek::(

Beautiful here this morning but we deserve it was gales all day yesterday and flooding. Even my utility room window sprung a leak last night!!!! Rain was awful. Anyway, here I hope we don't get a hard winter, I had a taste of the wind last winter and fortunately no harm done and it only got to 100mph gusts on two occasions. I know the buildings are pretty secure and we've had storm straps done on the pig barn but even so.......

Reactions: joellie and Jessey
This time last year the weather must have been lots better because I painted the byre windows and doors and managed two coats without a break in the weather. And I oiled the garage barge boards. It isn't looking likely this year cos I think it's to break later today again........

Reactions: joellie and Jessey
We had it grey and angry on sunday, thunder and lightning storms yesterday and the wind is picking up again now as storm Aileen approaches I guess, the weather alert went from yellow to amber.
Anyway, here I hope we don't get a hard winter, I had a taste of the wind last winter and fortunately no harm done and it only got to 100mph gusts on two occasions. I know the buildings are pretty secure and we've had storm straps done on the pig barn but even so.......
When I say a hard winter I mean very cold, which is normally dominated by high pressure which means less wind :D

Last edited:
Yep definitely colder! The unrugged ponies are very very fluffy and Kia will need clipped sooner than I thought.
I am thinking of clipping dinner than I thought about it last year.
The difference is I only thought, this year I will be.

Reactions: MrC
I am thinking of clipping dinner than I thought about it last year.
The difference is I only thought, this year I will be.

I was hoping to hold off until after I came back from Cyprus in October but I'll assess him this week and if he's getting uncomfortable I'll just do it before I go.

We had it grey and angry on sunday, thunder and lightning storms yesterday and the wind is picking up again now as storm Abigale approaches I guess, the weather alert went from yellow to amber.

When I say a hard winter I mean very cold, which is normally dominated by high pressure which means less wind :D

Ah yeah, I know what you mean. We rarely get even a frost to last half a day here. Locals always wish for snow lol I keep telling them they really don't want it! Lol I had ten hard winters being pretty much snowed up on and off where we lived and it's been a huge relief here not to worry too much. Omg, I've probably just jinxed it!!!!! I'll be wishing for a four wheel drive again!!!

Reactions: Jessey
We have Arlene to hit tonight apparently, it was lovely this morning but it's gone grey and threatening, I'm going to bring Kia in tonight I think as it's cold, to be blowing a gale and raining and there is no point in him standing out in that when he has a perfectly acceptable stable there for his comfort :)

newrider.com