Is he terribly fat

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I try hard to keep my guys weight in check, someone made a comment the other day about how huge hank is :( its been playing on my mind ever since. I have had him on limited grass and hay most of the summer and I know he's a bit porky but was reasonably happy with how he's looking given his pony metabolism, so what do you all think?
a078ace998039afdfba5d0308270e633.jpg

57a93d26aba250244eb903485209e2c5.jpg

He's positively lithe for a shettie!! Mine always looked like barrels this time of year

Reactions: Jessey
I think he looks ok too. A bit round in the barrel but I don't see much in the way of fat pads on shoulder and neck. I think that's a good weight for a native at this time of year - I assume he winters unrolled?

He looks trim to me, little belly but his neck, shoulder and bum all look slim and they are what count right? If you type Shetland pony into Google images he is far slimmer than all of the results.

Not compared to this he's not lol

Don't worry I don't think he large at all for a Shetland, it's the right time of year for a little weight anyways.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 28
I wouldn't worry, only time I get either of ours without the Tum is if I work them every day and they are super fit! I am fighting their natural survival instinct to pile as much weight on for winter even off fresh air - they are extremely good at it - Nuts in particular makes yours look positively model like!

newrider.com