Is Cottage Craft a good brand of harness?

Not the harness (I don't drive) but I have had cottage craft headcollars/girths/bridles etc in the past. Didn't strike me as exceptional (how exceptional can a headcollar be?), but no complaints :)

If you can get a good second hand set, yes, it's really very good. They don't make it any more.

If you can get a good second hand set, yes, it's really very good. They don't make it any more.

Aah thank you. I have been offered one second hand but the person offering doesn't know much about harness. They said their mum used it on a two wheel cart but I can't seem to get her to understand what I mean by a sliding belly band. Do you know if they were made with a sliding belly band? Do I definitely need one that has to use as a starter harness for a exercise cart? (Thats me assuming a exercise cart is the best thing to start with?)

Friend had Cottage Craft pairs harness for years - not fancy but durable. Can't comment on the sliding back band as not applicable in pairs but I would imagine it would have.

newrider.com