Is anyone else on here today?

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
I'm back at my desk at work after 2 weeks off, and apart from a miserable person sat in the corner of my office, I am craving people to talk to.

Is anyone else logged on here today? It seems really quiet.

I'm here - but shortly going out shopping for me and Mac. I need some new short boots and Mac needs a fly mask and a salt lick. I wonder what else I'll find I need (or must have) while I'm in the tack shop :smile:

I am going to pop out and see my horse at lunchtime today. It's a sad day today as my husband has gone to the funeral of an old university friend who suddenly died of a brain tumor. He is meeting up with his old group of uni friends and they are having a 'celebration of life' afternoon of drinks and dinner. I would have liked to have gone hut it's in central London and I need to look after our boys. When the funeral is taking place I am planning on having my own private moment with my horse. I have a ton of work to do but just can't concentrate. It's just so sad. He was a lovely man and leaves behind a wife and 2 young children. Why do the sad things always happen to the people who least deserve them?

I'm here - but shortly going out shopping for me and Mac. I need some new short boots and Mac needs a fly mask and a salt lick. I wonder what else I'll find I need (or must have) while I'm in the tack shop :smile:

Heheeeee you will find lots I am sure!:yellowcarded:

I am going to pop out and see my horse at lunchtime today. It's a sad day today as my husband has gone to the funeral of an old university friend who suddenly died of a brain tumor. He is meeting up with his old group of uni friends and they are having a 'celebration of life' afternoon of drinks and dinner. I would have liked to have gone hut it's in central London and I need to look after our boys. When the funeral is taking place I am planning on having my own private moment with my horse. I have a ton of work to do but just can't concentrate. It's just so sad. He was a lovely man and leaves behind a wife and 2 young children. Why do the sad things always happen to the people who least deserve them?

That is sad and I agree rubbish stuff seems to happen to good folk.

I'm going to ride shortly now the feed merchant has been - hay etc all unloaded nicely. After that I have to pick up tablets for myself and Chloe from the vet (well mine are at the local gp not the vets lol!). Going to pop to Sainos en route for scooby snacks - Mr T is ill and needs feeding up! Wish I could lay claim to similar only my jeans feel tight after Easter!

I am keeping well away from my jeans for a while! After all the chocolate I have eaten over the last week I am living in dresses and jods (but not at the same time!)

I am keeping well away from my jeans for a while! After all the chocolate I have eaten over the last week I am living in dresses and jods (but not at the same time!)

Lol you could start a new trend there !!!:tongue:
I used to love dresses but never go anywhere to wear them nowadays.... Our local Sainos had some lovely below the knee ones that would have looked super with long boots - I was tempted...

MP that sound so sad and I completely agree it is never that nasty people of the world. OH and I lost a friend the other day due to a heart attack while out running he was only 4 and left family behind.

Sorry to hear about your HUbbys friend. Sounds very tragic :( life can suddenly seem so short when you hear of such stories :( make you put things into perspective sometimes. Enjoy your horsey time with Ben at lunchtime :)

Hi - I'm here too as usual, in between getting out into the garden and waiting for the vet (coming to see poor old Barney, who has suddenly aged terribly - he looks like a hatrack, and he's always been one of life's good doers ... )

So sorry to hear about your friend, MP; we've lost two people, much too young, recently; one cousin, of a swift and nasty cancer, and a brother-in-law, of a combination of heart attack, epilepsy and a bicycle accident - his wife at home, wondering why he was late back from his bike ride, had a phone call from the hospital. He was in a coma and never recovered, died a couple of days later.

You're right, Gimp, there's never a right time.

Thanks everyone,

I went to see Ben and he was fast alseep in his stable. I didn't disturb him but just had a few quiet minutes together listening to him snoring and his hears twitching.

Life goes on I guess and we need to make the most of every single day.

I'm just popping in quickly while I have a break from cleaning/decorating!

I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend MP. It is very sad when you hear about things like that happening. I recently found out that an old school friend died nearly 3 years ago from leukaemia at the age of 21. I'm so sad I didn't know when it happened, she was a lovely girl and although we weren't particularly close I have some nice memories of growing up with her. However one of her best friends ran the London Marathon to raise money for Leukaemia and Lymphoma research (that is how I found out). I does make you realise that life can change so quickly and we really should make the most of it while we can.

I'm here :)

so sorry about your friend MP. A girl in my year in school (though we weren't close, we have a mutual friend so i saw her fairly recently at that mutual friends wedding etc), just found out she died last week :( not sure what of, she was only 30 :(

Heheeeee you will find lots I am sure!:yellowcarded:

I was very good, just bought what I went for, resisted temptation and didn't even look round the shop. We have some big bills to pay so thought I'd best not
spend too much at the moment.

I was very good, just bought what I went for, resisted temptation and didn't even look round the shop. We have some big bills to pay so thought I'd best not
spend too much at the moment.

You are very good then! I love browsing at our local tack shop, I make lots of mental lists of items for when I will have some money to spend.....

I'm here too!

I wasn't because I was riding. Finally managed to scrape enough pennies together to have a lesson, which I can only manage once a month or so at the mo. Rode Oola, the chubby but fiesty Fjord pony. She has (according to RI), been a saint all winter without turnout. Now they are finally out in the fields she has turned into a little racing blimp! She was fun - whizzy and a touch dancy prancy, but not nervous makingly spooky. Thank goodness.

I am back now, and on here. I am also aching. I am on my second brew, and contemplating a third. I am unfit, suffering from lack of saddle time, and chocolate induced 'double belly' syndrome. Don't ask.

But I am happy because I got to touch, feel, smell and sit on PONY. :bounce:

newrider.com