Irvine Beach Pleasure Ride - NR Geek meet + Pics:)

Skippys Mum

Nov 25, 2007
Scotland
Well the Irvine Beach Pleasure Ride/NR Geek meet has taken place today.

I had an absolute ball although I am now completely knackered. Thanks to Lucyad and MrKia+Me (and Oscar and Kia) for being sooo patient with me. I was very very worried but it all ended well.

We set off onto the beach and things were going reasonably well till Arnie decided couldnt cope with Lucy and Oscar going paddling and Nikki and Kia going through the water that runs down the beach. Next thing, I had spun round and was heading up the beach at high speed clinging on for grim death. But hey, these little things are sent to try us so once we got going again (and my nerves settled) we managed lots and lots of cantering down the beach - and back up it again! We even managed to jump a wee log!!

We got slightly lost going through the final section but made it eventually. Arnie was jiggered and I was hanging on thinking my end had come - the other two were chatting away and fresh as daisies:eek:. Note to self - get fit before the next one!

So, 12 miles later, here's the photos:)

Kirsten and Arnie
CIMG3986640x480.jpg

Nikki and Kia
CIMG3987640x480.jpg

Lucy and Oscar (having a last minute footer with her seat saver:))
CIMG3988640x480.jpg

3 NR Musketeers setting out
CIMG3990640x480.jpg

Heading through the beach park
CIMG3991640x480.jpg

Over the railway bridge (as you can tell I'm starting to lag behind:))
CIMG3992640x480.jpg

Lucy at the final vetting
CIMG3994640x480.jpg

3 Happy NR's with their rossies
CIMG3995640x480.jpg

And a kiss for Mummy's bestest boy
CIMG3997640x480.jpg

Nikki's got loads of photos to come so look again later on!

Thanks girls - I had a ball:)

I cannot move off the couch now. Had to take a couple of nurofen as my head was bursting (stress and dehydration) but now I'm sitting here blissfully happy with a mile long grin on my face:D

Ahh so pleased for you all! it looked great!!!!::D:D:D

Arnie looks very pleased with his rosette bless him!

Im doing my first fun ride next week and Im just going to look up the 'I did my first fun ride and fell off' thread - as you do!

Glad to hear you all stayed on and had a ball!! Great piccies!

Hey guys, looks like you had a fantastic day :D My plane came in over the beach in the afternoon and I was frantically trying to spot horses, but I think everybody was safe at home by that point!

I will definitely come on the next one ;) How long did it take, by the way?

Sorry guys crawled into bed last night after a shocking ly busy aft!!!

The pics WILL be up tomorrow as I am off and I'll get them uploaded!!!

Was fantastic meeting Lucy again and Oscar for the first time!!! What a sweetie!!!:p

And Arnie was gorgeous as well!!! Very handsome lads both off them!!

Kia was being his usual lone wolf self and wanting to lead so we were leaders even tho we had a few tizzies at things we do at home on a regular basis :rolleyes:

Thanks very much ladies!!! Was a fab day and the weather was just brill!!!

Will have to do it again!!!!

Nikki xxxx:D:D:D

newrider.com