Introducing my New horse.

Bays_R_Best

Meet Zar.

15ish + hh (I need to measure him LOL) 10 year old Arab Gelding.

I have him on Loan at the moment. But may one day buy him if things work out well.

He arrived on Saturday, and settled straight in. He's a really sweet lad. Loves lots of attention.

Here's the pics. Sorry for the overload.

Photo0347.jpg

Photo0346.jpg

100_2120.jpg

100_2124.jpg

100_2129.jpg

Zar is gorgeous :)

Glad he settled in well, Looks like he is enjoying himself already! Hope things work out for you!

Thanks T.K.Max:)

Hi Shandy. From what I can gather he has done a bit of everything really.
He started off as a 4-5yr old doing Endurance, but I know he has Jumped, dressaged and been shown too. He has spent the last year or two back at Endurance again though. So is now going to need a bit of a re-school I think.

He's not over keen on having a bit in his mouth ATM. His last Loaner had him in a Hackamore for quite a while. But I do know that he needs his teeth checking (he's booked in for next month), and a full MOT really. So I will have to be a bit forgiving to him until all area's that could be causing problems have been checked.
Luckily I do have quite a few snaffle's to try him in until then. Unfortunatly, he didn't come with his hackamore, but I wouldn't mind doing a bit more dressage on him, so he is going to have to get used to being bitted again really.

YAY!!
Missed this post originally but managed to track it down!!
Hun he is STUNNING!!
Such a beautiful head. Is he a little bigger than you originally thought, although saying that I imagaine he is a perfect size.
Looks like you have a wonderful project on your hands there and I cannot wait to meet him - AND I WILL :D It's been too long and we need to get together :)
What's he like on the ground?

YAY!!
Missed this post originally but managed to track it down!!
Hun he is STUNNING!!
Such a beautiful head. Is he a little bigger than you originally thought, although saying that I imagaine he is a perfect size.
Looks like you have a wonderful project on your hands there and I cannot wait to meet him - AND I WILL :D It's been too long and we need to get together :)
What's he like on the ground?

He is a little bigger than we originally thought, but he is quite a stocky lad, so looks bigger too. managed to get a couple of ridden pics on his second day , but the light wasn't good
Photo0358.jpg

Excuse his giraffe neck.
He is now starting to work in a nice outline, but takes a little while to warm up, he's also a bit disconnected in canter, and keeps breaking into trot when on a large circle, but I have the back lady coming tomorrow, also the saddle fitter should be out this week too, so we shall see if everything is ok in that department.

I even popped him over a couple of little 2 foot jumps the other day, and it was so smooth, didn't feel like any effort was involved. Can't wait til he's had his full MOT, then I can see what he's really like.

He is fine on the ground. A little bit scatty at times, but not unsafe at all, a bit keen to get back to his field, but does respond well to voice comands. Really easy to catch, knows who I am and calls to me when he see's me coming, which is sweet.
I really like him. I think I have been extremely lucky to find him really, horses like him don't come up for loan too often. Thanks to a good friend. (you know who you are:) )

You really are going to have to come for a visit now Bimbambo. LOL:)

He's a very handsome lad and looks like he knows his own mind! Hope you have lots of fun with him. Being nosey now, do you know how he is bred?

Really pleased to hear that things are going so well - he is a beauty and sounds like you have found yourself a star.

Good luck with the schooling and I'm sure we will be over in the very near future.

Think that it's about time that I ask if you are enjoying the scubbing yet??!! :D;) The joy of greys, especially with the cold. muddy weather coming!!

Think that it's about time that I ask if you are enjoying the scubbing yet??!! :D;) The joy of greys, especially with the cold. muddy weather coming!!

LOL. He's only been here a week, and has already had two baths, dirty beasty, he looked like he hadn't had one in years, which I'm sure isn't true.

And what you talking about mud??? He's having a head to toe coverall, and not taking it off again until next spring, LOL:)

newrider.com