Introducing my first horse - with pictures (quite a few pictures LOL)!

Chester's Mum

Aug 4, 2008
Sussex
So, I've been a very proud first time 'Mum' for almost two weeks - and thought I'd show you some pictures of my darling boy :)

His name is Chester, he's approximately 17.1-2hh, 10 year old Irish TB. He's not had much done with him, definately lacking in TLC and maintanence so he's a little bit of a project at the moment. I am currently just working ot get him 'right' :)

So far, he's been a star and really hasn't put a hoof wrong.

Anyway, here are some photo's mainly in chronological order :)

The afternoon he arrived

DSCF1638.jpg

Biiiiiiiig horsey - I'm 5'5/5'6 promise! You can see how underweight/conditioned he is here

DSCF1645.jpg

1st time riding him

DSCF1671.jpg

1st time riding him again
DSCF1664.jpg

... And again!
DSCF1663.jpg

Another ride on him
DSCF1687.jpg

DSCF1693-1.jpg

Pleeeeeeeeeeeese ignore my riding - I've not ridden since April and I do know my position is dire, will be getting lessons pronto (well, when Chester is ready for them!)

he is very nice, i am sure his condition will come on leaps and bounds its amazing what a little TLC can do.

looking forward for an update in the future

Thank you for your kind comments :) I'm hoping with a couple of months TLC he'll begin to blossom but I am head-over-heels in love with him already!

Good luck with him - he looks lovely. I look forward to seeing how things go. I've had my very first 'own horse' just 10 weeks and its a real learning curve! Enjoy......:)

Also, just to say in pic No.5 I think you can see that he is going to be a real stunner when he's enjoyed some of your TLC over the coming weeks/months - he has really noble head and at that height will look soooooooo elegant. What's his story? - were you looking for something like him or was it just fate??

Last edited:
Congratulations!

He is quite a looker, isn't he!?!?:D

Best of luck, sounds like you are doing great with him already, though! :D

newrider.com